Repair tool not working

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by pel, Nov 20, 2012.

1. pel

I switched to eng for base defense and started to run around to try to repair stuff and noticed my repair tool didn't seem to do anything but heat up. So I dropped some cert points into the repair tool to see if that would help and I still can't repair anything. Any ideas on what might cause this or is anyone else have this issue?
  2. Goats

Huh, I haven't had this. Are you sure the things you were trying to repair hadn't been hacked by the enemy? Did logging out and back in help?
  3. Vanuub

Had that a lot in the last week of beta, couldn't rely on that thing to work.

It reliably worked on groundvehicles and MAXes.
    BUT:
    It was very 'coinflip' about consoles, generators, turrets, SCU, and whatever else you care to name. Either it did repair the thing or it flat out refused no matter how many attempts, no matter the distance and position relative to the object in question.

I suspect it might be somewhat related the how consoles (infantry, air and mech) are sometime ignoring your 'E' even though you have the "press 'E' to access" right there on your screen, but that is usually remidied by stepping back out of range and then moving even closer than before.
    That, however, wont work on the repair problem, I tried that plenty during beta.
  4. Vanuub

And Goats, relogging is never an acceptable answer, it's the gaming industries version of 'have you tried rebooting your computer'....
  5. Goats

You're right, that was dumb. Sorry. In regards to your other post, huh. I have no idea.
  6. Cthu

This happens often. I sprint up to our almost dead Sunderer to give our attacking momentum a little more time, but the repair symbol disappears and heat builds up rapidly (normal speed but it's all I notice).

I have to click a few times, and if that doesn't work, swap weapons before repair works. In the middle of combat this gets very frustrating. Not to mention trying to save a MAX from death.

I'd also like to throw out this weird bug; I sprint up to a buddy MAX or any repairable in a hurry, swap to my tool and get to repairing, when I suddenly switch back to my primary weapon (I don't have a mousewheel and did not press 1). This has happened with the medic tool and I killed a low life teammate by accident. wuzmad.
  7. Goats

Yeah, this has happened to me pretty often too, with the repair tool.
  8. Elahhez

The Repair and healing tools need some fine tuning in general. But i haven't had an issue like you mention here.

Just make sure you relatively close to the target.. they don't have an awful lot of range ^^

But i tell you, medic and repair tool was completely unreliable in tech test. I'm happy they improved it substantially like they did ^^