[Suggestion] Repair kits

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by KillNC, Dec 22, 2015.

1. KillNC

All ye who played Tribes should know this one. A repair kit is something that was specific to the technician class in Tribes (engineer would be the counterpart on PS2), you could hold up to 3 of them and deploy them wherever and they'd repair anything in short proximity, all be it slowly.
    Description from wiki: "The Repair Kit is an unlockable belt item for the Technician class. When placed near a friendly base asset, deployable, or vehicle, the kit will slowly repair it automatically."
    [IMG]

Since we already got the auto turret like the one in Tribes, why can't we have something to replace the ammo packs or the grenade slot with this little gizmo? It'll give more flavor to the engineer and I guess make some survival situations like when you're being hit with a gatekeeper from 800m away less painful.
    • Up x 1
  2. Fallouttec

An item like this already exists in the form of the Sundy and Galaxy Defensive slot option: Remote Repair. Simply equip and drive/fly within the range of mechanized friendlies and get xp based on the amount you repair. There is also the Resupply option which lets you restock your allies vehicle ammunition, which also grants you xp. Its a great idea to have a few repair and resupply sundy's in any armor column that is trying to push into enemy territory and the effect does stack from multiple repair sundies.

Granted it doesnt work on max units but tell me exactly how you got that sundy inside the biolab?
    • Up x 1
  3. KillNC

I have over 1k hours put in, I know. Where the repair kits will likely see use is not in sundy or armor columns but rather stationary vehicles, like say a deployed sundy which is being hit by lancers from a large distance. Having those little repairmen could be the defining factor in winning a base, or just keeping a vehicle alive.
    And now for your question, the answer is patience and a galaxy.
  4. Keidranex

Oh I remember those things, absolutely loved them. Tuck one behind a generator, then either put two more in front of the gen as decoys, or put the other two on base turrets. Not having to sit around and repair the gen was absolute bliss when you can put those things down and shotgun brutes down.
  5. 3punkt14159

I think if the implant this, it could not be so strong that a vehicle ressist against some rockets, because then it would be to strong. But as a deployable for the Max, it will be fixed in 1 minute or so. But the Max unit would be the only good case in my opinion.