[BUG] Rendering

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haquim, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Haquim

Sorry for the very indescriptive title, couldn't think of anything better.

Today I had barely any fight where I didn't notice people magically appearing out of thin air.
    Both MAX units and normal infantry were affected.
    The most extreme case was me charging after a VS medic through a door. Inside I wondered where he had gone when he shot me - from BEHIND.
    What happened (assuming he had no wallwalk) was that he noticed I shot him, turned around inside, ran through me without even appearing for me and... well, killed me from behind.
    I also camped a door - standing a couple metres left directly at the wall. Some people didn't use the door - they ******* blinked 5m out of it. That makes it REALLY hard to do something let me tell you.
    It is not limited by any distance either, I've had it happen at point blank and at 25m. Hard to notice farther out than that.

I've always occasionally had that problem (at least since a couple months), but today it was bad enough to severely limit my gameplay and killing me over and over again. I don't know what the devs or whoever is doing to that server (and frankly, I start suspecting they don't either), but i'd really like it to stop.

If somebody has a tip for a free recording software I'll try to get some footage next time it gets that bad.
    Bonus points if it can also cut the footage, so I don't have 20 minutes of me running in 1 minute to demonstrate the problem.
  2. Yuki10

Yes, been happening a lot lately. I've posted about the same issue just a day or two ago.

if you have Nvidia card - use shadowplay.
    If you have AMD card - use Gaming Evolved.

Both free and work well.
  3. HadesR

I have noticed in certain situations .. Engi AV turrets and MAX's have once again stopped rendering at 150m+ ranges.

As for close range .. I've only really had it with Friendlies
  4. Haquim

Thanks I'm gonna do that.

Even with friendlies it can be annoying as hell.
    Bad if they appear in your stream of bullets
    Worse if its a rocket.
    Worst if its a grenade...

EDIT: I'll also try completely de-/reinstalling the game.
    I have no big hopes, but its worth a try I guess.
  5. Demigan

Except for grenades not having their red flashy thingy, I haven't experienced any rendering issue's. Although I might just be lucky as the last time I had actual rendering issues it was during the highest point where everyone complained about it, and even then I only had trouble in extremely bottled up 96 vs 96 battles.