Rendering distance of players is a BIG JOKE !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, Nov 22, 2012.

1. shota

i remeber what i have same issue in battlefield3 then quick rotate camera , character appear with some delayed. and its not game problem, maybe something with hardware
  2. Scoundrel

Enough said about this guy...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..i'm gonna go read the dictionary now.
  3. PlayerOneSVK

Look at videos in this thred
  4. Garzin

5. Nikushimi

Well two things, FPS aspect is fine (low settings could use some optimization) however i personally have yet to drop below 60 FPS running on max settings

As for the "rendering" issue, the effect you're seeing is not really a problem with rendering, It is server side and its intentional. It is there to keep server bandwidth low (keeping the upkeep costs to a minimum). Odd's are this issue will not be fully addressed, as it can effect SOE's profit margin.
  6. Esxraptor

A little leeway fella

This is not a Regional forum and some of the posters have English as their second or third language

:) :)
  7. xxJackallxx

Then they should never have built the game claiming massive battles if their damn game engine/servers could not handle those said massive battles...simple as that.
  8. Nero93

To all having FPS and rendering issues in this game:

GET A BETTER RIG!

I run PS2 on an i7-2700k, an Sapphire HD 7970 with artic cooler and 16 gig of Ram on High and I have constantly over 50 fps...
  9. Esxraptor

Nice rig... but complete rubbish

Better rig does not equal better rendering and your doing the technically inept who read this forum a disfavour by saying so.
  10. xxJackallxx

And for the millionth time for those who are too inept to read or have a kindergarten reading comprehension level...

PLAYER rendering and OBJECT rendering are two completely separate and different things.

PLAYER rendering is NOT controlled by your computer or client side....it is controlled by the game and server.

When you get into a big battle as more players join in,the game/server has a system in which it lowers the drawing(rendering) distance in which players can be seen to keep from overloading and lagging out the server/game.
    Which in turn causes the players to start winking in and out of existence sometimes even 20 ft in front of you.This is a big problem in a game like this.

OBJECT rendering like terrain,buildings,brush etc...is all controlled by YOUR computer and and CLIENT side software in the settings options called "Rendering Distance".
    That ONLY controls those objects not the rendering of players.
    • Up x 2
  11. Nikushimi

Its not that the "engine/servers" cant handle it. Its a matter of economics, bandwidth costs money. So they cut corners to improve the profit margin.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pinchy

So that's what that was... I see heavy assault appearing in front of me at spitting range in the open.
  13. Esxraptor

Yes

People fail to understand the complexity involved to keep the balance smooth on the server side rendered objects.

PS2 servers, currently, have relatively low populations when maxed out.

The same/similiar F2P model used by other games using much larger server clusters still have the same render problems. It's not unique
  14. FightingFirst

FPS is the same for me no matter what and anyways with my rig I should not need to put setting on low. Secondly, if they cant do large battle then they shouldnt have advertised the game with big battles.

Even in heavy battles? I say bull.
    FF
  15. subDiii

OP I agree 100% with you, in a massive-scale FPS such as this, this is totally ridiculous.
  16. ZtriDer

You know that your rig has nothing to do with how the drawing distance of players and wheicles is working?
  17. Dulu

[IMG]
  18. Germanius_GER

This is like the hundredth post about this issue, we all know this have to be fixed. Excuse me if i just agree and like your post.
  19. Nocturnal7x

This is not so common if an issue if your playing lone wolf. Once I joined an outfit I notice it all the time. If I have a platoon rollin around with a random zerg I can't see 20 ft in front of me. Its silly.
  20. areX

Yesterday there was an big battle on TI Alloys, and the renderdistance from the Enemys was limited to 5 meters or so. That was unplayable and i leaved the battle :/