Rendering distance of players is a BIG JOKE !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, Nov 22, 2012.

1. PlayerOneSVK

2. Crazedmonk86

Agreed this is a GAMEBREAKING issue and it needs to be fixed asap I hate attacking tech plants... I HATE going in seeing a 100% clear room then WHAM 30 guys pop up RIGHT in my face and I die instantly. Utterly gamebreaking.. I try to avoid big *** battles because of it and dont get me started on flying or tanking.. the infantry can see your *** from 500m+ away but u gotta get 50m to see them so by the time you close in 100 rockets have already been flung at you.
  3. Slyguy65

Ya i don't understand this game is confused with itself i think.

It takes the time to add some nice customization to certain things...but completely fails at adding customization that matters like in-depth graphics, sound customization. Also i heard it is a pain in the **** to map a joystick on the game.
  4. RedNoak

you CANT have render customization because the data is handled by the SERVER not your CLIENT.

your PC can only render what it can "see". and it can only "see" what the server is giving him. those non-rendered-players are actual human-players, not some bots or static objects calculated by your PC. how is your PC supposed to know where other players are? it asks the server for the data. the server answers with a set of coordinates and your PC will render a model of a player at those coordinates.

SOE needs better/more servers or a faster algorithm to handle the requests... i dont think there is another solution.

EDIT:

oh well u can always upgrade your RAM. but dont forget to install a 32bit OS...or else those new ram-modules will feel lonely :)
  5. SQLOwns

Epic post is epic.
  6. PlayerOneSVK

go kill
  7. Neodrauka

I have exactly the same build as you SVK but I OC'd the CPU to 4.6 with an aftermarket cooler. The build should be enough to render at double the current distance, if not more, so it can't be client side. I agree the render distance of players if BS.

In some circumstances the less people around a sniper on a ridge allows him to get a kill shot on another below surrounded by troops, where the one below can't, either due to the opposing shooter not rendering, or the bullet passing right through him as if its made of smoke. I noticed this severely the other day, shooting into a mob of people you could hit with your eyes closed, but no hit markers registering. Hopefully the optimisations they say they're working on get carried out and this gets fixed.
  8. PlayerOneSVK

Ok i am ending with PS2 its non quality money maker... more worser then BF3 Air have no chance with this stupid rendering distance this game is made for INF only.... Every vehicle is really weak... Soldiers have shields etc... vehicles dont have... if in this game technology goes like SOLDIERs have shields why VEHICLECs DO NOT HAVE ?
  9. Kuddles McKitten

Complains about low render distance..........and then asks for better frame rate.

You really have no idea how games work do you.
  10. chilly154

I hate this rendering issue to. But there one thing good about it. When im in big battles, I loveing popping up next to the enemies and throwing my grenade next to a whole squad of people and getting **** load of kills.

But this rendering has to be dealt with. It been and issue since beta.
  11. chilly154

O ya I heard the rendering issue is going to be fix next week.
  12. hurrakan

This problem is probably "server culling", which limits the number of characters that any given game client is aware of to reduce bandwidth used (by the server and the client) and avoid situations where the client is overwhelmed by the number of characters that need to be processed and rendered.

The same thing occurs in World vs World battles in Guild Wars 2. One of the developers gave a good description of the issue. Although obviously they are talking about Guild Wars 2. But it does sound like the same thing:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Can-you-fix-it-culling
  13. MeDPaX

You have something really wrong with your computer because I have the exact set up -the 560 as I have a 460 and I am smooth as butter almost all maxed, aa, 1080p.

4g of ram is BARE minimum these days.
  14. Sheena8500

Stupid question maybe but does the low render distance affect snipers more than anyone else ?
  15. Badmethod

Also wondering about this. /equip 12x scope, head to hills, raging battle going on few hundred meters away, can't see any soldiers to shoot but bombs are exploding all over the place.
  16. PlayerOneSVK

17. Zerolimitz

18. ANTiKES

im on woodland too and i already have 8gb. Doesnt help even tho ive played ps2 live for about 20h now and only had the problem once. During beta very rarely too. But still, its an fps you would expect to see at least your foes...
  19. PlayerOneSVK

I upgraded to 8gb it soled only LAG SPIKEs that was... all still 35fps in big battles and that is ****... playable is only 60+ for gamers
  20. PlayerOneSVK

i pmed to RadarX

His answer is:

It's one of the top priorities right now. We don't have an ETA when it will be completely resolved but it's getting better.