Render distance less then 1000?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JDS999, Mar 14, 2013.

1. JDS999

why cant i set my render distance smaller then 1000? deleted ini setting reset them nothing seems to work had my render set at 500 prepatch was nice. along with this new patch with horrid fps why cant i adjust the settings to pull out a few more fps to make playable?
  2. Being@RT

Because it gives an advantage to someone somewhere in some way I can't explain.

That's the only reason to force players to 1000m minimum I can think of.

1000m is 3 hexes. I don't need to see things that far away. Even as a Burster MAX, I was fine with 500m render distance. That's incidentally the max range on lockon launchers. Without that consideration I would have had even less render distance. Sure, horizon starts looking kinda empty, but fps > pretty.

Yes, I'm mad.
  3. JDS999

oh look i better stay calm update is commin up, ill wait to see what happens next
    so someone that renders 500m has more of an advantage then someone that renders 4.000 m?
    looks like i could try render quality to .05% and try to have fun shooting at rectangles and squares