[Suggestion] Rename Engineer to Support

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by SlugSniper, Sep 17, 2016.

1. SlugSniper

In the hopes that we get some new tools besides repairs (like maybe a mobile shield for assaults) and some new abilities besides stationary turrets, I think the Engineer class should be renamed to Support.

Since people don't like the idea of moving the Engineer's ammo pack to a brand new Support class, I figured the Engineer class could at least be broadened to fit more roles.
  2. Eternaloptimist

Combat Engineer sounds more gutsy. Having the same name as a truss doesn't really appeal to me. We already have mines and sticky 'nades and some good carbines (with unlimited ammo) for doing more than just repairs and resupply.

It's all about how the individual approaches the class. There are so many roles the engie can currently play with it's already wide range of tools and abilities.

I play close infantry support myself: shooting people, resupplying allies, repairing the Maxes and leaving AI mines at ambush points to catch counterattackers. I actually run nanoweave instead of the traditional flak, due to being where so many bullets are flying and because 'nades are easier to run away from than bullets.

But when the situation changes I can convert to flak and repair tanks with the best of them, plonk my spitfire turrets around deployed sundies to catch C4 faeries or toss out long range mana turret fire.

Give me an AA turret, is all I ask. Hitting aricraft with an AV mana turret is doable but hard (the AI turret doesn't do enough damage)