[Suggestion] Rename C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by S0LAR15, Jan 8, 2013.

1. S0LAR15

I mean I love the game and I love using "C4" (especially at the crown), but in the future they are still using C4?
  2. siiix

3. Verisimilituder

I agree, but for different reasons. Cyclonite is a heck of an explosive and perfectly logical to stay in use forever. The name C4 doesn't fit in with the game's sci-fi theme, however. Why not just call it a ''Remote-Detonated Charge'' a la PlanetSide 1? It's a trivial name, but at least it has precedent and isn't as generic as C4. Players called them Boomers in PlanetSide 1.
  4. QuantumMechanic

Apparently 800 years in the future they still use the same nomenclature for weapons as we do in *cough* modern warfare.
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

We are still using gun powder. still using Comp B. still using alot of things that are "old tech". granted nothing that is over 300 yrs old, as most things have been refined, but is the labeling that much of an issue?
  6. Hydragarium

With the exception of Vanu discoveries, technology isn't all that different from "us". I mean they've barely managed colonial spaceflight - Not even the typical way by having FTL engines, but by exploiting a temporary wormhole.

But on the subject of C4 specifically, I'll agree - It doesn't make sense that something as controllable but more powerful hasn't been developed in the meantime with all the mining done on Auraxis.
  7. siiix

actually then the entire game makes no sense , i doubt in 50 years we will use ANY of our current technology , witch includes C4 and gun powder ... and hopefully TIRES

i highly doubt in 500 year any human will sit in tank or planes fighting and running around by the 1000's shooting each other... it will be all done by machines , remote controlled or automated

BUT many people dont like all scifi stuff so vanu is the only one who has that stuff

maybe its not 500 years just 30 ;) we finally developed warp technology and got out starting our wars on other planets... annoying the vanu
  8. QuantumMechanic

In Planetside 1 we had the same thing, and they were called "boomers". There was a quite a big stink when we realized they were calling it "C4" instead. That was when we first started learning about the various changes made to make the game more accessible to Battlefield players. PS1 had more of a sci-fi vibe than PS2 does when it comes to weapons.
  9. forkyar

nope,its good how it is
  10. bluEyedillusions

::edit:: I misunderstood.
  11. Nicolai Mandrag

I really don't mind it beeing called C4 tbh. Sure, you could call it "breaching charge", "RDFD (Remote detonated Fusion Device)" or waddever, but C4 has worked in breaking down stuff so far and propably will work in a thousand years still. Yes, pocket nukes sound usefull, until you try to outrun your own blast radius....
  12. siiix

also they call it C4 in battelfield ... soooo i like it ;) in battlefield-planetside

*not even joking