[Suggestion] Rename and Change Jump Jets

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TribbleFluffer, Jan 28, 2013.

1. TribbleFluffer

Its in the name, they are "Jump Jets" not a jetpack. Jump Jets means it'l throw you into the air straight up or at an angle vertical to the ground. Now dont get me wrong, i LOVE the current LA jetpack, but the default needs to be as i stated, and addition of the jet pack cert should be added.
    It would also give reason for Infiltrators to have a silent jetpack. after all ive been finding myself using the LA with a long range scope and silencer during covert ops more than i have been using the infil simply because i cant get to that high/hidden vantage point.
  2. Pat22

Why does the default NEED to be as stated? How does it give a reason for infiltrators to have a jetpack?
    You're not making any sense.
  3. Achmed20

also, rename drifter jets please!
    they dont leave any skid marks on the ground and stop once the ground is touched. the name is totaly missleading!
  4. Ummon

Ok, so you want to have a jetpack for your infiltrator, presumably in addition to stealth, and as a reason you talk about the name of the jetpack?
    Jump Jets that just throw you up would be really awkward to control, how would you aim for a certain height? Or if the height is fixed what if that is just not high enough or too high? This would be worse in every way than the jetpack we have now and if you can just cert into a normal jetpack it would just mean everyone needs to spend more certs to get what they have now.
  5. Minsc

They used to have a thing called Icarus Jump Jets that propelled you upward very quickly, but the movement was too fast for client to client transmissions, it would be like a teleport hack. So they removed it. Also perhaps "Jump Jet" comes from the fact you jump then jet pack up/sideways. So it's a jump then jet, or jump jet.

And I, like everyone, do not understand why this means Infiltrators should get a jetpack. There is a reason we can only get a 4x scope max. We hide in hard to find/get to places, giving us a sniper rifle would make us obnoxious and everyone would hate us. Infiltrators could use a better cloak for infiltrating, but should not, in any way, get a jump jet, or jet pack, or whatever you want to call the ability to fly as infantry.
  6. TribbleFluffer

Simply put, Infiltrators cant get to places that Light assult can. Changing the Jump Jets so they throw you up into the air instead of slowly boosting will make them correct, right now it is a Jetpack, not a jump jet. if they added a Jetpack cert that players could get to use it the way it is right now then that would make more sense. The defualt, if it stayed as "jump Jets" would simply throw you into the air like an extended jump with no fall damage.

I added the Infiltrator part because right now, Infiltrators need a lil love, since its both about the LA packs i figured i would place the post in here instead of making a secondary Infiltrator post. Know how the Engi and LA share rifles? howabout the LA and infiltrators share the Jet certs.
  7. KnightCole

No, 1 class jumping around is enough, if you want a game full of flying PVP go play NCSoft's Aion RPG.
  8. Minsc

Light Assaults can't cloak like Infiltrators, do we get a cloak too? I'm not seeing the reasoning behind your suggestion at all. The ability of LA is to get to places other classes can't, why give that to another class and make us useless? Especially if the "jetpack" is more versatile/useful than the "jump jet".

Good job getting completely caught up in semantics and ignoring the feedback.
  9. Achmed20

i know thats every1 keeps telling and even I allways quoute this, but ... was is realy this?
    i mean take a look at ESF AB upwards or take people dropping from galaxies. those guys are way faster and dont bug out either.
    The netcode is probably the same for vehicles as it is for infantry so why dont they bug?
  10. Minsc

I don't know why they don't just fix it, I'd love to have them. But this is what I heard Higby say when asked about it during the Metagame Design Meeting. Tracking a guy dropping from a galaxy isn't always the easiest of things, I haven't tried shooting at them but perhaps their hitboxes get wonky when falling really fast.

Here is a video of the level 1 Icarus jets, they got faster from there:
  11. Iridar51

Erm. WE can have 6x scopes for S series and Sniping Carbines, and this doesn't help, because carbines turrns into **** after 100m. Not that I'm complaining, just pointing out that 12x scope wouldn't help. TBH I feel like even 4x scope is too much for a carbine, because it removes all ability to aim at something closer and moving.
  12. Minsc

I use a shotgun, so I couldn't remember what zoom it went up to. :p Thanks for the correction. But yes, 4x is pushing it in terms of range for a carbine. Which is probably why I forgot about the others...

No matter, Infiltrators should not get a jetpack and we should not lose ours!
  13. Pat22

So basically this is a "QQ nerf LAs buff Infys" thread?

Except... without any logical reason presented for the nerf other than "the name is wrong".