[Suggestion] Remove Warpgates - you have to fly to another continent (And new vehicle)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weterman, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Weterman

Well, there could still be a limit. You could look at the world map, and if a continent is at its limit, it would say so. So if you spend the 7 minutes to get to the half way point, it would turn you around.
  2. Weterman

Sunderers could spawn on this. so they could repair it with the auto repair they have. And engineers could repair it too. I don't think troops should be able to "hot drop" though. (You mean to jump off and land taking no fall damage?) If they could, it would be too easy to take bases. You could just use one of these and troops could keep jumping off. It would be like a galaxy, but overpowered.
  3. Weterman

Well I don't think these could be used as galaxies, if there is an altitude limit (Has to be higher than ____ to deploy), then anyone that tries to jump off would fall to their death. This would be useful for aircraft spawning, but only that. A loadstar could only take one vehicle at a time, so it would take too long delivering tanks down to be effective. This wouldn't even be much use in a continent, it would be shot down easily. mbt would be able to hit it without trouble, and bring its health down fast.
  4. MouthFulofCrabs

well not ever minute but we do go from place to place after each battle, but either way why would i want to wait to fly to that continent/
  5. Weterman

Well yeah, the idea would still work if warping was allowed, I don't even know why I put that in.
  6. Vorpal_Spork

PS1 didn't have redeploy and it worked better. You could use dropships from sanctuary, but they were on a long timer.
  7. Archiadus

It might just be my way of thinking here but is being able to effortlessly get up on and over hills / mountains etc. not an advantage that no other tank in the game has?
  8. Weterman

Not really. I can get my lightning with the fully upgraded racer high speed chassis up hills easier than with the magrider, and it doesn't give much of an advantage. There might be a few bases that you can get a good view of that other tanks couldn't, but that doesn't really help that much at all, because all you're shooting at will be infantry, and you will be an easy shot for anyone else.

So it is a small advantage, you can get a good vantage point, but it is small. Not enough of an advantage to be equal with the other tanks' advantages. Being able to drive on water would build on the advantage, without being overpowered, and make it equal to the other tanks.
  9. Weterman

Yes, but planetside 2 players are not planetside 1 players. Today, the players are so impatient that they may stop playing the game all together if they have to wait 10 minutes. I would eventually want to see redeploying removed, but now, the playerbase is too fragile to take it away.
  10. NoobStylerIGERI

A Mobil Base with AA and vull of AV and AA maxes rules the hole MAP :/ or the hole Sky :/
    I mean this base haven`t Weapong for Ground, but who u mean got the 1st idea to take AV max, Mana turrets or like this?

no good idea. giv them 1000 HP than ok, but more than a Galaxy with all AV and AA Max Weapongs?????????????
    u just fly over some Base like Indar comm Array, and boom 10 AV Max with raven + AA, no one will take it down
  11. Vorpal_Spork

That's not a reason to make them worse. And it's not as if old school gamers have suddenly ceased to exist. Not only are we still around, but we generally have more money to spend now.
  12. Weterman

Well not allowing players to warp is not going to improve the game much, so why do it, when most players will not like it?
  13. Weterman

Sorry I don't speak French :p
  14. Vorpal_Spork

Because it will improve the game.
  15. 00000000000000000000

I don't want to be mean but this really isn't possible in any sense.

It wouldn't be fun to play.
    It wouldn't be possible to implement. (with the current system)
  16. MahouFairy

Not exactly a bad idea, but it slows down gameplay to make it look like War Thunder realistic mode where you have to fly back to your airfield 10km away after exhausting all your bullets (about 900 slow firing to 3400 fast firing 7.7mm bullets). It takes about 5 mins in a biplane to go back, and another 5 mins to return. Monoplanes do it faster, but they have like only 200 20mm bullets.

My point is, it doesn't really go well for players like John who has 30 mins to play before work and etc.
  17. MahouFairy

But it would also mean that anyone can hit it with tank shells and dumbfires!
  18. Weterman

When you log on, you would pick what continent to go to. So John could pick his continent, and play there 30 minutes. It wouldn't restrict his play time at all.
  19. Weterman

What part isn't possible?
  20. 00000000000000000000

You said you've seen people put magriders on galaxies. Well for that to work the galaxy has to move VERY VERY SLOW as the magrider doesnot move at the galaxies speed so the magrider has to move of its own accord as the galaxy movies forward. Meaning EVERYTHING (infantry, vehicles, aircraft) sitting on this thing would all have to do this.

In order to build a system where they could simply sit on top of the vehicle and use it as their momentum they would have to rework the entire physics system to incorporate this.

Now a more reasonable goal would be to have a large vehicle, that you sit in like normal and can be deployed midair, turning it into a sort of floating battle station. While deployed you can walk around on the decks and spawn vehicles. Aircarft spawn normally (from some sort of hangar) while ground craft are spawned on the ground underneath about the middle of the battle station.

But even that is infeasible as it would require reworking not just the new vehicle and continent locking but the entire design philosophy of the game.