[Suggestion] Remove timers for pulling vehicles, let resources be the deciding factor instead

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Ned

So at the moment I see vehicle timers as more of a nuisance rather than something that's having a real impact on balance.

The problem is I know many people who once their vehicle dies will sit at WG and wait for the timers to come off cooldown, providing no benefit to their empire.

With the planned resource changes and even now, I think resources rather than time should be the deciding factor in whether or not you can pull vehicles, because if you don't have enough resources you can go and capture areas until you have enough resources.

IMO all vehicles should share one resource pool (But this is being planned anyway) so that what vehicle you pick becomes more of a choice between air and ground rather than the one you have more resources for.

I feel this change would work well with the resource update and even now, if implemented would not cause any problems.

It would also help new players who are trying to learn how to drive vehicles more, as they won't have to wait forever before pulling another one, and lets face it, they are gunna die pretty quickly, so the wait just sucks for them.

2. Ned

I have been informed that this change is planned anyway, and cannot remove my post.

Oh well, we all know that the resource revamp aint happening till 2016 anyway
  3. deggy

Though the change is happening anyway, I don't sit at WG and wait for my times to tick down.

I sit at WG and wait for resources to accrue.

It's pretty stupidly hard to keep a resource income high enough to pull MBTs consistently when you're not a member.
  4. Hatesphere

the slated change is to push all resource types into one pool and remove timers to allow for people to be dedicated tankers, pilots and infantry without much resource issues.
  5. Camycamera

yes, the change is comming anyway with the resource revamp :D
  6. potato1234

i fully support this but i want my certs refunded, i spent thousands on timer cool down reductions
  7. Jeslis

Will be. already planned.
  8. Syrathin

Love that optimism mate. :D