Remove the Infiltrator IFF!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ztiller, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Rawkzter

I already said this on another thread but ever since they introduced this I got TKed a lot more.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ztiller

I don't get TKed more, but it still hapens. However, i do get killed by enemies 10x more, because they now immediately know i'm a hostile the second i appear on their screen, even if it's just for a miliseond.
  3. Hrafnagaldr

Oh I knew that would come. But I edited my post: I never had problems with recognizing the blue dorito or not and could immediately distinguish enemy infiltrators from friendly ones. It just helps a lot with road kills.

And if you move within the central field of view of an enemy you will get spotted either way.

This being said, I also wouldnt mind it being reverted to the previous state. Way less whining on the forums is a good thing. With doritos and minimap awareness I will still kill them as effective as before.
  4. Ztiller

That's what everyone said, but i could easily infiltrate bases since it took the enemy an extra 0.5 seconds to realize i was a hostile. Instead of a tiny blue dorito we now have a huge headlight making us immediately detected the second an enemy sees the slightest shimmer.

THe problem is that the enemy only needs to see me for a fraction of a second to realize i am a hostile and automatically begin to track me. It was avoidable before because they needed some extra time, and by breaking LoS we could avoid detection. Now, it is an immediate "Enemy" notification.

It is a nerf, that was unnecessary, unasked for and absolutely idiotic, because it removed the only reliable strength of the cloak.
    • Up x 2
  5. Hrafnagaldr

I alway automatically track infiltrators, checking for the dorito only uses milliseconds. To attack, he still has to uncloak.
    Still, I understand your point, because a lot of players do have a ****** battlefield awareness. They can really identify you faster now. But reverting it wont protect you from ppl that are beware of their surroundings.

For me, I wouldnt mind it being reverted. It just helps a lot with roadkills.
  6. Ztiller

Thank you. I't's getting really annoying to have tons of people say it's a great thing, when they don't even play Infiltrator.

No, it doesn't protect against the top-tier. Now, everyone believes they are top tier, but it's a different thing.

The problem is that before, maybe 1 or two players per battlefield had what it took to effectively track you. Now everyone and their grandmother can do it with 0 effort. That means that the amount of enemies we have to fight have increased tenfold. I used to generally only fall to dedicated BR70+ chasers, now i get gunned down by BR 10 players. If that's not a nerf, i don't know what is.
    • Up x 2
  7. bulletchaser666

i play as infil alot and i know what the OP is saying, now that the enemy can easily tell who is on there team cloaked it makes hot zones harder to pass threw. but i don't see it as a nerf or buff it's simply a convience thing and honestly i like it because i had a bad habit of TKing (or getting TK'd) by friednly infil's that i happen upon in the field and now that doesn't happen which i love because i hate getting TK'd when im in a good spot.

and for the OP- this IFF may change but don't expect it to, my advice too you is be alot more careful when you're moveing to a spot now that they won't second guess the cloak, it's only helpful at a decent distance, CQC infils are the one's crying here the snipers understand why it's it a good thing, though i will admit when in tight spaces i can no longer sprint past enemys i have to crouch and time my movements, adapt or die.
  8. Astraka

This suggests to me that you don't play Infiltrator a lot in close quarters. With a 12 second cloak that is still very much visible at all stages of movement, you don't simply crouch & time your movements to get through. The cloak just doesn't work like that in its current state.
    • Up x 2
  9. DukeFlash

If a mechanic existed that basically encouraged people to teamkill out of conufsion... I'd say that's not a good mechanic.
    • Up x 1
  10. bulletchaser666

im not saying it's a cure all, or that its even more effective, but for me it's worked well, sometimes it ***** me and other times it puts me ontop.

it the heat of battle no one ever expects the infil to be crouched, i've had a squad sprint right past me crouched, granted i was sitting still but i would've been seen for sure standing up, it does make a difference though the veteran's still spot you but most zerglings run right past you.
  11. Astraka

Except that isn't at all what happened prior to GU11. The mechanic allowed us to actually use the tools SOE gave us to preform the role we were intended to preform and the role the community seems to want us to do - Infiltrate.

That's a fine tactic to use if you're lucky enough that no one has the eyes to see you hiding, but it does very little to help me when I actually want to get inside bases and preform my role. It's just way to situational to rely on.
  12. Kurohagane

I can tell for a fact it's bugged sometimes, and while i was on my NC alt on a frontline behind a hill a infiltrator of ours had a transparent cloak without color, which made me shoot him out of confusion, and then have a stupid look on my face when he decloaked and looked at me like i was mentally incapable.
  13. HadesR

But for every player like you there are 5 who do have problems .. The miss the dorito or don't bother to check the movement out the corner of their eye, or they play in tunnel vision.
  14. Ztiller

Those people can speculate and brag all they want, it is quite obvious that this is a nerf to the Infiltrator.
    • Up x 2
  15. bebbly

I had my first proper go in a few weeks to give GU11 a good go, and would you believe it, I got shot multiple times right away by friendlies and even my first death was from another Vanu. This is ridiculous. I haven't had this much friendly fire on me since way back in November.
  16. Will 1111

I don't understand how this is a problem (legitimately don't understand, I'm not stating an opinion here, just confused). Where do you get friendly inflitrators running CLOAKED inside your own base anyway? Am I missing the point lol? I mean wouldn't anything cloaked inside the base be naturally an enemy 90% of the time?
  17. LT_Latency

It is not for the infiltrators.

It's because of videos of inf standing in a group of 50 enemies alone killing 30+ people while people can't figure out what the heck is going on even though the inf is right beside them.

It was never suppose to be that strong even with the change it's still possible to do this, Just not as easy
  18. RealityWarrior

I like the change. :)

Thank you SOE
  19. RoMoronik666

Why you nerf infs SOE ?
  20. Mustarde

As I shared with you on reddit, on this issue you and I are of the exact same opinion. It has disrupted my gameplay and I want this change removed, and quickly.
    • Up x 2