[Suggestion] Remove Request to switch seats for Owner

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raka Maru, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Raka Maru

I would like to propose a mechanic built in the game to remove the need for the driver to recieve permission from a gunner to switch seats.

The reason for this is actual gameplay flaws:

• I get a lame gunner or someone AFK
    • Just at that time a group of enemy soldiers rushes the sunderer and succeed in blowing it up. (easily could have killed them)
    • Just at that time a team of ESF's come by and shoot you to death while your AA gunner does nothing. (Easily could have chased them off)
    Conspiracy theories aside, I think this can be an exploit how it is right now. Enemy team sends spy to sit in my sunderer on my fury and tells the guy to take the seat. Same for Aircraft.

Not being able to auto-boot the gunner at that time by just switching seats will cause me to always squad-lock my vehicle which I don't want to do.
  2. Archiadus

You know that you can kick players out of your vehicle by clicking on the little X next to their name right?
    • Up x 1
  3. Ultimatestormer

In the vehicle management page there should be a red X next to each occupants name. Click that and you can selectively kick people out without locking the whole vehicle. It isn't as fast as what you suggest, but I feel that booting people from a vehicle by just switching seats could lead to some issues.
    • Up x 1
  4. Raka Maru

I'm talking about a perfectly timed attack by enemy. Very tricky if it wasn't totally un-sportsmanlike. Guy jumps in, says "ready" and attack comes.
  5. Archiadus

While I understand your concern I personally don't think that many if any players would be capable of pulling something like that off unless you're driving around by yourself in the middle of no where, in that situation you shouldn't trust a random running up to your tank either way.

It'd be useful if they made something that would allow us to remove players from specific seats in a more efficient way than opening the vehicle management screen, maybe a key combination such as ALT+1~12 to easily remove a player from a seat.
    • Up x 1
  6. Raka Maru

I realize this, don't want to boot them from vehicle (unless I want to later), just switch them to non-gunner seat, or even the one that I'm not using.

I have a special loadout for sundie which has Walker in front, and Fury in back. Both maxed out, and I have max armour. It's very hard to take it out and then they resort to this. Happened about 5 times already to me. This seems like an exploit.

My proposal is, I own the vehicle, I need the gun right now, I switch to that gun, the other passenger that was in that seat gets pushed to another seat. I then deal with booting him out of my vehicle later.

To add to that, I've had griefers come in and use my gun to kill same faction, I'd like to perma-ban them from any vehicles I own.
  7. AlexR

Agree! They also should remove headshots out from the game, because it causes death.
    But seriously. No one will do this: Guy jumps in, says "ready" and attack comes. It's too difficult to just taking down a ONE transport. Stop it man, why would you complain about such a little "problem". If you don't like your gunner, kick it. That's it.
  8. AlexR

Huh so you are complaining about possible SPY in your gunner seat doing nothing but it's okay him to drive your tank? Cmooon...
  9. Raka Maru

It happens all the time, and just recently. in a big contested battle. Because of the deploy radius, you have to be farther away sometimes to deploy, I use this opportunity to shoot down aircraft at the distance. Guy jumps in, 20 seconds later a sundie pulls up while I watch this and expect the guy to take out the 4 guys that jump out while the sundie drives away from the battle. They blow up the sundie, my fury gunner does nothing, I was dead before I could react. It was a suicide run coordinated with an inside man that prevented me from switching.
  10. Raka Maru

LOL, I'm not a tank driver, don't know how that would work with tanks. Sundie usually has plenty of open seats.

So I guess "booting" was the wrong word in my OP, just want them out of the gunner seat.

My only real alternative is to always squad lock the sundie while manning it as it works right now. I've met some pretty decent gunners and would miss out on that if this doesn't get implemented. I also like to pick up strays on the way to the next base, but then I'll have to remember to unlock again, whereas if the mechanic was in place, it would make the game better for sundies that are troublesome (very effective) against enemy.

Those that use this tactic (exploit) would be very hard to prove as they can say they were just AFK.
  11. Govedo13

Play in outfit platoon and does not allow randoms inside your vehicles. If you want to depend on the randoms, well.. they are called randoms for a reason.
    I agree that sometimes new players could be frustrating. I would find really nice if we have 1 more ability in the page down menu that lock the guns seats for squad/platoon members while allowing randoms to ride along, also when platoon member wants to get in full platoon vehicle when the option is enabled he can get inside while auto booting one random.
    • Up x 1
  12. AlexR

Anyway i still don't see how this is a problem. "SPY" can also deploy a tank and kill you, he can just shoot you e.t.c. Should we remove friendly fire out from the game then? It's not a massive problem that need to be fixed. It is just your personal problematic situation and your gunner most probably was afk. Also you still had another gun on your sundy and could shoot guys. It you are saying they killed you so fast you did not even have the time to react, so i guess a normal gunner would not help even. 4 guys with rocket launchers or what? With a bad gunner or not you would probably die anyway. Calm down dude. Kicking a player and taking his seat takes 2 seconds. If you will say they are deadly 2 seconds to wait, then the DPS you recieved would be deadly even if you already had the gun seat.
  13. Raka Maru

They just happent to take the Fury, and my other gun is AA. The reason I'm suspisious is because it's happened about 5 times and always very fast.

Fury can easily take out 4 heavies that just jumped out of sundie and run straight for you.