Remove Phylactery for MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Heini, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Heini

I think everyone knows that a MAX is quite powerful and much stronger than a normal soldier. And there is also an implant that needs 50 charges to self revive and these charges are obviously way easier to get as a MAX and you respawn with a lot more HP compared to normal soldiers as well. I think using an implant that was designed around the stats and difficulty of a normal soldier shouldn't be equipped on a MAX and I suggest that it should be removed for MAX suits. Or at the very least adapted to use perhaps 100 charges and only revive at 500 HP to make it comparable to the normal version.
  2. Heini

I forgot to mention just how powerful it is to be able to spawn in a nanite costing unit and after you die you can simply revive yourself without any help from allies. Also with 1000 HP on a MAX you can easily kill your attackers if there aren't too many.
  3. Liewec123

no, its an exceptional implant for a reason, also it actually isn't as easy as you claim for a max (doing their job) to get 50 xp ticks, no support xp like other classes, no capture point conversion xp like other classes, it is pretty much just kills and assists, sure you could sit cowardly in the backline for 10 minutes, but maxes should be on the front line, pushing forward.

resupplying at a terminal to switch weapons or get ammo will also reset your progress, and at any moment before those 50 kills/assists it only takes one guy to come along with c4, decimator, tank mines, archer, av nades (or hell just roadkill you with a flash) and you're dead.

max is already a terrible 450 investment compared to the powerhouses that are libs and MBTs,
    why do you folks insist on making them even worse?!

we're already trying to deal with the moronic nerf that DBG dropped on NC max utterly neutering it,
    and now you come along and say "hey, you know what? we should make it worse!"
    :mad:
  4. Heini

The problem with NC is special but generally MAXs are always really strong and killing one isn't as easy as you claim and may take several tries to do so. On top of that we have to consider that this an online game and it's quite likely that you run into more than one MAX at a time. This would only affect very few players anyways but it's still too good of an implant in my opinion. A Heavy has pretty much the same difficulty of obtaining the charges yet the MAX receives way more power upon reviving. Perhaps it could simply be nerfed so that the effective HP after reviving would be equal to 500 HP on a regular soldier. Currently a MAX gets 1000 HP which is already more than double that of a Heavy for example and on top of that it has resistances so it's effectively even more HP. That's enough to slaughterany more soldiers after reviving, including the attacker that at this point is most likely out of C4, rockets, etc...
  5. JibbaJabba

Why? Then I would only get one Max kill instead of two.
    • Up x 1