[Suggestion] Remove partial alert rewards for legit players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by csvfr, Sep 20, 2018.

1. csvfr

Often I log in and find that an alert has already started, sometimes with less than 45 minutes remaining. When this is the case, I feel it is pointless to make any serious effort to aid in winning the alert as I personally won't take part in the spoils anyhow. I realize there was a subset of players who would log in to alt characters during the last minutes of alerts in order to capitalize on the gains. But is it really necessary to punish the rest of the player base for this behavior? A more sober direction from the devs would be to apply partial alert rewards only when a character switch has been detected.
  2. Eternaloptimist

I find that partial rewards for late participation can be pretty good, depending on how long was left when I logged in and how my faction was doing - and the last-ditch fights are pretty intense too, regardless of which faction I'm supporting. Mind you, I'm only there for the fighting when I log in so alert rewards don't mean a huge amount to me.
    • Up x 1
  3. TobiMK

Rewards are tied to participation time. Someone who logs in later gets less. I think that's a totally fair system and it has no need for changing.
    • Up x 4
  4. Twin Suns

So you want all the rewards with no risk or effort. Nope. No can do. You get out of it, what you put into it.

TBH, it sounds like spoiled player syndrome on you're part.
  5. csvfr

I'm just in the alerts hoping to get one of the rare guns, armors, camos, as I have most of the other stuff. After probably 100+ alert wins I still haven't got any of those rare things. So regarding those who play alerts for the rewards: if they log in later they have less interest in the prevailing meta-game, meaning less fun. Giving full alert rewards would make the game more fun for more players, perhaps increase total player count as a positive side-effect. Notwithstanding not pissing off those who participated in a full alert until their game client crashes with 20 mins left to go.
  6. Towie

Well I got the NS-44L Showdown ! Quite an interesting concept really - think of a gun-slinger focused NS-44L with no scope and great at firing from the hip (rubbish ADS). So they DO definitely drop, I have no idea what influences the drop chance (if there is any).

Trouble is - I really liked the scope on the NS-44L Blackhand as I used it to give sniper ability as well as CQC on my LA. Since then i've spent an ASP on LA SMG secondary though so i'm awash with choices...
  7. csvfr

Wow great for you!

Rumor is that to one must own an NS-44L for the Showdown to have a chance of dropping. Similarly for the Derringer an Underboss must be owned. Additionally there is a 90% alert participation requirement.

http://iridar.net/known-alert-rewards/
  8. Pacster3

I at least got both within a week or 2 after buying the normal ganus.
    The 90& participation was with the old alerts. No idea how it is with the 90 minute alerts.
    I got about everything but the heavy composit armor and like 2 fieldplate camos. Those seem to be really rare...