[Suggestion] Remove or Balance Nanoweave Armor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Daemonn789, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Daemonn

Lol I asked a question, I didn't drum up a conspiracy theory about a post on these forums though.
  2. Pelojian

except you aren't pigeon holed into NW5. you may not be able to see this, but i'm glad because you weren't really listening to anything anyone else has been saying because they did not share your oppinon.

every suit is a tradeoff for not running a different piece in that slot. that is what you fail to understand.

LOL your in no position to judge anyone, let alone someone you know nothing about and have no way of knowing what equipment specific people use unless they tell you.
    • Up x 1
  3. Daemonn

Random text goes here
  4. Pelojian

the only person with comprehension issues is you.

first you cry about NW, then you admit that really you want it as an indirect nerf to HAs, then you claim it's not really about heavies but NW.

how many in the thread agree with you? i'll take a guess that it's 0.

stop whining about a non-issue and L2P.
  5. toast2250

I use Flak on every other class than HA&Infi and actually run away from pvp battles as a non HA. :confused:

Its sort of a mentality that you put a square box into a square hole,..
  6. Daemonn

I don't understand the resistance to replacing NWA with something better and more flavorful while maintaining similar TTK values. It would make the game better by encouraging more diverse playstyles, lowering the performance disparity between noobs and vets and also allow new players to cert into more desired things faster.

Can anyone propose the negatives to this idea? Because I can't think of any.
  7. customer548

Spend less time replying to others in an agressive way. Spend more time with reading their own opinion. You'll find the answer to the only question you keep asking again and again.
  8. Pelojian

why? you seem to want NW to be an issue for everyone to agree with(and they don't agree with you). yet you continue to read opposing opinions and refuse to accept that others views are valid and that your issue with heavies and NW exists solely in your mind and not in the game.

post on the forums to discuss things instead of ignoring any viewpoint that does not agree with you while hoping someone will agree with you.

instead of just reading others posts actually accept they have a point even if you don't agree with them.

reading is not enough, you have to accept other's points, that's a part of discussion and trying to convince others to your side of things, you have to accept that other's points are valid and adjust your arguments.
  9. Daemonn

Sorry that I don't respond to trolls very well. It's kinda funny that you think his posts had value, did you even read them? All anectdoal garbage at best.

All because he feels he's earned his advantage over noobs. Its like Republicans who think gun control measures means taking away everyones guns...
  10. Pelojian

you read, but did not comprehend, you dismissed my posts because they don't agree with you.

your position is alot like giving all US citizens a free assault rifle because you feel threatened by people that can afford to buy an assault rifle and have bought an assault rifle, when you could have saved your own money to buy one but were too cheap or lazy to do so.
  11. Moridin6

... nerf BR100s

qq

gg

meanwhile im throwing 4 sticky grenades at your group of friends every 30 seconds, but yeah, worry about that nanoweave lol
  12. toast2250

Meanwhile, a guy in a lighting not giving much potato's.
    Did you know that Higby was so butt bruised about people getting farmed from the bio that he nerfed the shields transparency!
    Thats right gents and grills, be gud now and get bent!
    [IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/ipJzXOf.jpg
    • Up x 1
  13. Jawarisin

99% good heavy players use Advanced Shield Capacitor which is probably the cheapest cert line ever. You're complaining for a non-existent problem out of ignorance. Ignorance is ok, but inform yourself first.

250 health mate 1250 total.
    1000/0.8 = 1250
    the 20% applies on the 200 extra health too (that's one way to see it ^^)
  14. CNR4806

Your points?

I have already said that whether nanoweave is an effective easy-mode option is irrelevant. The fact that it serves no purpose other than being an easy-mode option is all that matters, and yet all you have said is to repeat again and again how ineffective nanoweave supposedly is.

I don't care about that.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Its not "easy mode" if you aim for the brain.
  16. Moridin6

its not easy mode, period.
    run around with nano 5, if you get caught slippn youre gonna die.
    at best its a small defensive bonus, at Best, asking for its nerf/removal is pointless And ridiculous
  17. ConradHorse

nurf ?? boost! :D
  18. Taemien

Except that it isn't. Like I said, the bonus is negated when one or two bullets (depending on weapon) rise up to hit the head. Logic dictates that even most new PS2 players will aim for the chest. If anyone's played a FPS before they will know to do this. Only the newest of the new players who haven't tried a FPS nor a MMO* before won't know this. These players are getting killed before they pull a trigger so a face to face confrontation isn't happening for them. In fact they are likely learning to wait for a target to engage a teammate before they try.

*Veteran MMO players might be playing their first FPS. But veteran MMOs know to read forums, youtube videos, and other forms of informational social media long before the game is installed. Years of using Curse, ZAM, and wikis have taught them this.

Off topic a little bit. But if you do the math. The TTK of the Carv or Orion only raises by 160 vs 240 of the Gauss SAW. There is a problem with NWA, but it isn't noobs that are facing the biggest issue with it. But the entire NC Faction unless they use NS weapons or 143 or below damage weapons.

Here's my recommendation. 200 damage weapons do half their damage as explosive splash* (affected by flak to balanced, which doesn't protect against headshots), and 167 weapons do a quarter. That actually brings them in line with 125 and 143 damage weapons vs NWA

*Doesn't affect vehicles except for Harassers, Flashes, and ESFs as normal.
  19. CNR4806

And yet you still focus on how ineffective it supposedly is or what counter it supposedly faces.

Are you incapable of reading or what? What ROLE does nanoweave serve that guarantees its continued existence? I don't care whether its current state is embarrassingly useless or blatantly overpowered. I support a boot to it as long as it serves no purpose in the game.
  20. Iridar51

1. Even if 1-2 bullets hit the head, nanoweave will still protect against at least one body shot most of the time.
    2. Headshots already are a rewarded enough with 2x damage on most weapons. Do we really need a suit slot to "punish" body shots even more?
    3. Headshots aren't always possible to hit due to distance / weapon inprecision. Downright counterproductive with shotguns.
    4. "Always go for headshots" isn't and shouldn't be the summary of the gunplay. This isn't CS:GO with 2-bit weapon mechanics and 100m furthest ranges on tiny maps.
    I really have no idea where you're going with this. I never said NWA was a problem with veterans vs. newbies, that's OP's agenda.

I simply dislike nanoweave for what it does:
    • creates inconsistency in bullets to kill
    • further boosts effective HP of HA shield to disgusting amounts
    • a must use choice for infantry combat
    Newbies being put at a disadvantage is just an icing on the cake. But that particular problem will never be solved, because the only real solution is to let them start with 100% unlocks.

I wouldn't call Gauss SAW an entire NC faction. The NC has what, five 200 damage weapons? Only two of them are used commonly (magshot and SAW), and all of them, except for MagShot, are clearly precision weapons made for ranged engagements, where nanoweave increases TTK by a similar percentage against other weapons.

Though I guess if I was NC, I'd push on this too.

Well, one more reason to remove NWA =\