[Suggestion] Remove or Balance Nanoweave Armor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Daemonn789, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Pelojian

OP your logic of 'getting stomped by BR100s plz nerf what they have upgraded' can be used for anything in the game that is upgradable.

everyone has started out with low nanoweave and given time can gain enough certs to get it to level5 on at least one class. everyone who is BR100 has gone through the game from low BR getting stomped by high BRs with many upgrades and haven't complained about it.

suck it up and earn certs for upgrades, don't nerf cry because high BRs have it and you don't.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

Its body armor........ It doesn't protect against headshots but protects against body shots.
  3. Scr1nRusher

So..... everyone is going for body shots?
  4. Scr1nRusher

Go on the PTS and actually see/test the current changes.

NMG truely has no purpose of existing & lacks a role.

Adrenaline shield clearly is supposed to be the Aggressive Shield

Resist is the preemptive shield.

NMG is the ???????????????
  5. Cirena

NMG is the "go play a support class you chump"-shield. Many classes have rarely used abilities. I'm sure the HA class will survive a patch or two before it's repurposed to something more useful.
    • Up x 1
  6. Gundem

Pretty much. Which furthers the desparity between new and experienced players.

In games such as CoD or BF, Headshots are irrelevant because TTK's are so fast anyway. In the new RS6, a headshot is an instant kill, but with 2-3 bullet TTK's it hardly matters.

PS2 is quite the opposite. With how inaccurate our guns are, TTK can go from noticeable to hilariously long in the right scenario. Accurate players that tend to aim for the head will already have perhaps a x2 faster TTK. Combine that with a literal doubling of your effective HP with NMG/Adren+NW?
  7. Scr1nRusher

So... make guns more accurate?
  8. Iridar51

Oh, my mistake, it's actually 50% differenece.

0.48 * 1.5 = 0.72

For "only" 20% damage reduction. Whole quarter of a second is huge in face to face gunplay.
  9. Iridar51

10. Foxirus

Might want to hold off on that, As I have heard the heavy shields have a nerf incoming soon that will be landing on the PTS soon.

I think Resist is getting dropped to 35%, But timer increased to 15 seconds. Adrenaline if I recall is being dropped in how much it recharges per kill but being given a slightly faster base recharge time. I forget what was being done to NMG.
  11. Scr1nRusher

The nerf is already on the PTS.

Also you might want to re-correct your info:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-12-23-15.236558/

Resist is basically getting a buff more then a nerf.

NMG is even more ******* pointless

Adrenaline Shield doesn't reward getting kills aswell as it should & doesn't have a faster regen rate then NMG.
  12. Daemonn789

Except I'm talking about just one upgrade. I don't feel the rest suffer from the same inadequacies as NWA.

Also if you read my OP you'd have seen I fully support veterans having advantages, but that NWA is a cert sink for low BR players, because clearly no matter how small the advantage it's an advantage.

I asked several players when I started playing again 5 days ago why I died so fast and couldn't kill anyone with the same effectiveness - every single player told me to get NWA up to at least 4 on thr classes I play the most. I did and immediately noticed a diffrrence in my survivability.

This is a pointless cert investment because most players are forced into getting it to feel competitive, remove it and players can spend certs on things they want to without feeling like they're making a mistake. But as it stands NWA is a no brainer for most players, its like saying you need to spend 200-1000 cert points just to have armor otherwise your soldier is naked.

Sure higher BR players (who have other advantages to make up for not using NWA) use things other than NWA. But that's the exception to the rule and the majority of players are forced into getting NWA up first, its the most basic thing they can do to improve combat effectiveness.

Thanks for the worthless post though, try reading next time before you kneejerk.
    • Up x 1
  13. Reclaimer77

This being the case mostly because of HA's shield. It's almost comical sometimes how much damage they're soaking up. Other classes go down fast as hell even without headshots provided you can aim.

"Go for the head" isn't really an answer because the HA user, if he has any skill, is also going for your head but he has the health advantage to boot to negate any non-headshots.
    • Up x 3
  14. Pelojian

I can say the exact same thing regarding other upgrades, your issue is feeling required to take nanoweave and instead of choosing to use it or not you want to remove it as an option for everyone instead of ether getting nanoweave or looking for advice to improve your skills to offset people using nanoweave.

nanoweave doesn't protect against headshots. look up/ask for advice on good guns for specific ranges/roles and their attachments and their traits. you can find a gun suited to you that you can learn how to control recoil for headshots.

all upgrades improve your performance, to get the same performance you ether need higher skill then your enemy or equivalent upgrades if they are of equal skill. if someone rolls up an MBT 2/2 stock against my 2/2 prowler. 9/10 the stock vehicle will get shredded. the only difference in this is they are vehicles at the core one is upgraded and the other ether didn't upgrade because they didn't want to or couldn't afford it yet.

wether you play as infantry, vehicles or aircraft you will need certain upgrades to defeat people of equal skill to your own. PVP games by their definition are competitive, the goal is to kill the other players before they kill you, no matter how casual you are.

everyone started out in the exact same position as you, ether get upgrades you feel forced to get or make up for your lack of nanoweave with skill.
  15. Daemonn

You clearly do not understand my post. NWA is the only upgrade I'm talking about. As a new player its the most effective way that you can normalize combat with the veterans.

So instead of having a feature that most players will need to skill into to feel combat effective, remove it.

How do you not understand that it is a cert sink for new players?

Do you realize there is no detriment to removing it?

And your anaolgy with tanks is flawed because its a totally different meta. You can't compare infantry combat to vehicle combat because it happens totally differently. Also someone running a stock tank vs a kitted out tank should lose, you're right. But thats not what were talking about...

This is about a feature that gives players an unnecessary edge in infantry combat. A feature that doesn't need to exist and it only creates an undesired performance gap and cert sink for new players.

Go make a fresh account and try to fight outside of Koltyr. You'll feel what I'm talking about then. This isn't an issue of BR100 power its about NWA creating unintended performance gaps while limiting new player progression. It's compounding to make NPE less enjoyable.

I'm not saying BR1 should be equal to BR100... But right now the game is not very inviting to new players. Not to mention there's no reason for them to spend the time to get high BR, why would they if its an unenjoyable uphill journey? You think you've earned some kind of right to stomp noobs because you've been playing longer? And thats just the way it is?

I see removing NWA as the easiest and fastest way to improve NPE. That's what this thread is about.
  16. Moridin6

when i run it most of the time it just feels like a waste of a lot of certs
  17. Reclaimer77

Removing NWA would lower weapon TTk's across the board. How is that going to help the new player experience exactly? They'll still die, just even FASTER than before. Even a few ranks of NWA is better than none atm.
    • Up x 1
  18. Daemonn

I already proposed raising base armor values of all classes to compensate for TTK.

My point is to remove a cert sink/crutch and close the performance disparity. Removing NWA would be a positive move for everyone. There literally is no negative to removing it and raising base armor value for TTK compensation.
  19. Daemonn

You're BR100. You've got plenty of other advantages. Perhaps this is why it feels not useful to you... To new players it's almost a requirement. Why do you think that is the most common advice given to noobs - to skill into NWA first while trying to find the right gun for you.
  20. customer548

Make the game dumber as it is by decreasing (again) the number of availaible choices to build his character. New players have to adapt, like we did when we started to play the game.
    Rank 4 Nano costs 211 Certs. It's not a "cert sink".
    • Up x 1