Remove "I need ammo" with Q if engi has no ammo box

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DFDelta, Nov 25, 2012.

1. DFDelta

I am playing my main engineer loadout with an utility pouch and 2 promixy mines in my utility slot, so I do not carry an ammo box.
    Yet if people aim at me and press "Q" they still give out the "need ammo" sound.

Would it be possible to remove the sound if used on an engineer without the ammo box?

Most people get it if I tell them in /say, but sometimes it is not possible, and sometimes the guy seems to simply not get it. I've had guys running behind me for minutes spamming "I need batteries", even tough I've told them in /say and even with tells.
    It is annoying to say the least, not mentioning how much it spoils any attempt at stealth.
  2. Eelek

You always have ammo. Pull out your turret, switch its mode. The deployable will switch to an ammo box. I do it all the time and I run tank mines for the most part on my engi.
  3. DFDelta

By "switch mode" you're talking about the semi/full auto toggle button?
    If yes then it is the first time I've ever heard that this is possible, have to try that when I get home from work.
  4. PirateCrayons

wait how do u switch turret mode?
  5. VKhaun

Press B (Also the select fire button I think)
  6. ZoiN

I just tried this, certainly doesnt work for me >_<?
  7. Mrasap

1. Take out your turret (read: do not deploy, just keep it in your hands).
    2. Switch fire mode (default B).
    3. Drop.
    4. Enjoy.
  8. ZoiN

Ah thats nice :eek:.. thanks !