[Suggestion] Remove harrasser gun for other benefits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weterman, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Weterman

You should have the option to remove your top gun to upgrade your harrasser in other ways.

3 people would still fit in the car, but the middle seat wouldn't be able to shoot.

My idea has 2 things you can downgrade, to be allowed to upgrade something else.

Removing the top gun will unlock an extra level of upgrades. So you could improve your speed, armour, traction, etc. But only one.

The second downgrade would be removing the back seat. This would give you a smaller upgrade of your choice, but you can choose whatever you want.

So if you have speed upgraded all the way, you could get a small traction upgrade, while keeping the speed. Or, you could upgrade your speed to be even faster.

I haven't used the traction or hill climbing upgrades, or the armour ones, so I won't suggest what the numbers should be, but I will for speed.

With the first upgrade, you get 140km max speed.(you need to get all the speed upgrades first except the one below)
    With the smaller upgrade, you get +20km speed.

So fully upgraded, your speed is 160km.
  2. Mezinov

I am generally not opposed to the idea; but why just the Harasser?

Why not let all vehicles convert a weapons slot into an additional Defense or Utility slot?
  3. Pikachu

So it becomes pure transportation?
  4. Hegeteus

I had a similar idea for wraith flash:

Tool for weapon slot that will silence the motor but make running over infantry impossible and C4 wouldn't stick to it. When you fire it, it will despawn your flash when you exit it. Could call it phase... something
    • Up x 1
  5. Abraham with Cheese

Well, instead of making the Harasser transport-only, why not bring in the ES buggies we were teased with?
    • Up x 1
  6. Moridin6

id trade the weapon for squad able to spawn on it..
    mmm transport assists
  7. Weterman

Well sort of yes, but my playstyle includes running people over with harrasser. (and ramming a plane if given the opportunity) And so many times another harrasser will chase me with vulcan, and no matter how far away I get, I'm gonna get killed because of the damage it can do.
  8. Weterman

Well the harrasser was the only one i had an idea for.
  9. Weterman

10. JohnGalt36

They should implement an upgrade standard option that gives the Harasser 4 bricks of C4 strapped to the bottom that detonate when you hit the gas.