[Suggestion] Remove ES from Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WetPatch, Dec 27, 2014.

1. WetPatch

I said this last year when they introduced the Harasser on the Test Server, Empire Specific weapons don't belong on NS vehicles and never should. It was a dumb idea to use them then and its still a dumb idea now. It makes them a git to balance and just isn't Cricket.

My suggestion would be to remove the ES from the NS and give the Harasser some of the Valkyrie weapon systems. Maybe leave out the VLG Missile Launcher because that's the last thing this game needs is a mobile AT Engineer Turret.
    • Up x 2
  2. Pikachu

You really think they are going to make a change as big as this and remove stuff that people have payed money for?
    • Up x 3
  3. WetPatch

Why not they have done it before.
  4. Bonom Denej

They removed stuff people paid for ? When ?
  5. WetPatch

Refunded, when they changed said item.
  6. Bingabong

Why didn't you suggest this when the PPA was the weapon people were complaining about? Why are you suggesting it now? Let me guess...
    • Up x 6
  7. Bonom Denej

Well that was exactly my point : They refunded when they changed an item. But it's mostly true for infantry/vehicle upgrades slots (last one to date is ZOE which was a while ago). Can you tell me which weapon got changed for them to actually give the 700SC back ? Also, unlike you said, they never actually removed an item so far. Everything is a matter of change/nerfs/buffs.
    Finally, even if its a NS vehicle, we don't care if does not makes sense for it to have ES weapons. Such weapon provide true asymetrical balance which is what this game needs. I'd even want the Lightning to get ES weapons for that matter !
    • Up x 1
  8. WetPatch

I suggested before the Harasser went Live. A few people on the Test server brought it up.

Sure, lets stick Vulcan's on Flashs and Sarons on Lightnings.
  9. 11Sheldonator

#TotallyNotVulcan
  10. lothbrook

Maybe the ESAV but the ESAI weapons basically only work on the harasser.
  11. Bonom Denej

Did I say anything about Vulcan and Saron? Couldn't they figure out new ES weapon?
    Also, no remark about the rest of my post ?

So yeah, we need more faction diversity, not less. Removing ES weapon would be a dumb move.
    • Up x 2
  12. 11Sheldonator

Agreed
  13. WetPatch

I agree with you 110% on faction diversity, but making NS items and sticking ES weapons on to them isn't diversity its lazy.
  14. Pikachu

There is flash vulcan in the files. :)
  15. Doc Jim

ES weapons on NS vehicles was/is a bad idea but I think it's way too late to go back on that.
  16. LT_Latency

The only problem is it not different from the prowler version.

The prowler is a long range artillery vehicle. The harasser is a fast hit and run vehicle you are never going to balance the Vulcan with the way it CoF works for both of these veichles
  17. Bonom Denej

I will agree that it was lazy, but it's still diversity.
    • Up x 1
  18. Taemien

Here's a better solution:

People just need to get good. And stop complaining about balance. Christ people its been two years, when are you all going to stop zerging, whining, and complaining and actually play the game?
  19. LT_Latency

Never, as longs as the add things to the game balance will always need to be adjusted.
  20. SpruceMoose

no

tank busters

on both
    • Up x 2