[Suggestion] Remove ammo and repair sundy options.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Suicidalspectre, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Suicidalspectre

Instead bring back the lodestar. It can not only transport ground vehicles, but it deploys into a repair and ammo station.
    It will stop giant balls of sundys roaming the map.
    A couple is fine but I've seen groups of like 30 and that's just silly, not to mention almost impossible to stop with the repair and ammo levels all of which is highly mobile.
    With the lodestar, you might get repair and ammo, but it's a deploy action. It would also add to the air game.
    I've heard people complain that it would allow for sundies and tanks up on bio labs and the such, but gals, and valks can do nearly the same.
    • Up x 2
  2. Silkensmooth

Sunderers are far too cheap.

Sunderer withoutt guns should be 150.

Sunderer witth guns 450.

Its basically a tank, so it should cost like one.

The vehicle zergs in this game are not at all fun for anyone who isnt a part of them.

So un-fun it often makes me log. It made all of my friends from other game quit.

There is no counter to vehicles currently. This is a major problem.
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

You know what is fun? Being part of the contingent Infantry force that works alongside your vehicles.

Once, we had just taken Heyoka Chemical from the NC but they still had Chimeny Rock and were rolling a nonsense vehicle zerg down the road from Tumas. Tanks. Harassers. Lightnings. Sunderers. Nonsense. After crossing the footbridge to the southeast side of Chemical Lab, I lead the squad I was in up the side of the road as Heavy Assaults, and one Engineer, for reloads. We popped up and smacked rockets into the sides and rears of the tanks as they passed on the road, while our own vehicles were trying to build up on the other side of the light bridge and looking for an opportunity to push across. The crossfire caused the enemy vehicles to meander and not know where exactly to escape. Enemy vehicle exploding everywhere. Finally the NC tried to be clever to deploy forward Sunderers and use Infantry against us personally. They kept having to deploy too far away because of visibility from our forces moving across the bridge so they were getting cut down and their Sunderers trashed anyway as we marched past their positions. By that point, a few minutes later, their counterattack was completely devastated, thinned to nonexistence in large part thanks to our frequent rocket cut-ins from the roadside, and our forces had advanced all the way up to Chimney Rock.
    • Up x 4
  4. Silkensmooth

That happens 1 out of 1000 fights.

Like trying to C4 the tankers sitting on the hill farming. Its successful 1 out of 100 times, despite the crying you hear from tankers. And they just made it harder to c4 vehicles /boggle.

If you take a screenshot of every 48 plus fight, all you see at EVERY one is a huge ring of tanks firing into the base and largely ignoring each other.

In those screenshots you will almost never see an airplane and if you do, take another screenshot in 5 secs and it will be dead.

There is no balance with vehicles. They just dominate with no counter.

I don't want to fly planes in the first place, i want to shoot people with my Trap m1. Thats ALL i want to do. When i do pull a lib because ive just gotten completely sick of being farmed by tanks and kobalt sundies, its completely useless.

Its a very frustrating situation imo.

I very rarely pull tanks, and the other day just to see i pulled a hesh prowler, and though i have maybe 50 kills with the hesh, i was able to get a kill streak of 28 by sitting over at the top of the hill by crossroads and shooting infantry at the crown.

28 kills by someone who almost NEVER uses the hesh gun. I'd like to see someone with the same time flying as i have tanking go up in the air and get a 28 kill streak in a liberator.

Not to mention the fact that in order to kill vehicles with a lib you absolutely have to have a gunner, and if hes not an expert, again you arent killing anything. You have to be an expert pilot to kill anything in a lib too.

C4 light assault is even worse. I've spent many lives in many ways trying tto c4 tanks and generally i die 10 to 1 at LEAST.

Unfortunately the tankers whine the loudest and squeaky wheel gets the grease, but this is clear evidence the devs dont play the game or understand it.
  5. FateJH

No, it doesn't just "happen."

You have to go out there make it happen. Sometimes, and I recommend it actually be often, you get together a team and all of you do it together. Be it a formal team or an impromptu one, put some effort into getting other players involved.

Sitting around for the thousandth of a chance of some beautiful opening that has no chance of going pear-shaped, or attempting to exercise the same basic plan over and over because that's all you believe can ever work, is just going to have you and other players around you sitting on your haunches wasting precious opportunities and having nothing interesting to write home about. You're not helping yourself; you're not helping your allies; you're not helping the game.

Don't play the game in a boring way.
    • Up x 3
  6. Atorum

Couldnt agree more, repair Sundys are cancer of this game, a refuge for bad players and zerglings. Also it favors NC the most.
    Removing it would make things more even and interesting.
    • Up x 1
  7. Blam320

I would just increase the nanite cost of Sunderers and put in a blanket reduction on passive Nanite gain.
  8. Silkensmooth

It would be great if you could post a video of you owning the armor column as infantry. I honestly didnt know that was possible and im keen to learn your secrets.
  9. FateJH

If that was with respect to my previous anecdote, I think a point was missed. The efforts of my squad didn't "own" the armor column and had no chance of working, especially in a vacuum. It threw the enemy into confusion but, were it not for unrelated allies contributing, it wouldn't have done anything. A mass redeploy would have doomed us; however, allies building up armor forces on the other side of the Heyoka Chemical light bridges is an entirely predictable commonality when dealing with that base changing hands. The primary purpose was disruption, delay, and softening-up for their benefit, because direct combat was unviable to us. Surviving the encounter like we did was never even a minor aspect of any stage of the plan, except maybe the minute to minute to draw it out.

It was a fatally error-prone, low yield plan, entirely expectant on other players' behavior. Few experienced players would probably ever willingly commit to the plan simply because it has high exposure and it definitely would never bring in the big bucks even if it fulfilled its stated goal.

In my mind, that's exactly why it's a good plan. How many would even think to prepare a contingency for something no one would ever do? Moreover, trying to do it was a blast. If nothing else, that's what matters.
    I don't have any big secrets to share. Despite my previous comment about not playing the game in boring ways, unless I'm in a squad with a short leash, I do generally play in ways that other people would find boring just so other people could avoid those "boring" necessities. Whether in assaults or during defenses, I dart between capture points even if there's no heat on them, just to make certain everything is okay. I babysit the S-AMS. I'm that Burster MAX on standby though it's been minutes without enemy air. I explore areas with, in terms of a single battle, low enemy foot traffic just on the concern of some kind of ambush. I do a lot of supportative roles - Medic for the applicator, Engineer for the repair tool, Infiltrator for the recon darts. I collect for other people's PMB's. I sit aback and call out future targets that others might better prepare. I'm not a front line fighter and, even when I am there, I'm rare to be looking in the direction of the enemy. My goal in charging into rooms is that I help the people charging in behind me survive a bit longer or destroy the enemy a bit quicker.

In any case, recording and editing one's own gameplay is a hedonistic chore for which I don't have the time. I'm most certain that, even were I throwing out the majority of any footage I captured, I'd have to provide constant annotation or it'd just be a stream of inane activity.
  10. Armcross

Git Gud
    • Up x 1
  11. Diilicious

flashes without guns free, flashes with infantry guns 50, flashes with anti tank guns 100, flashes with anti tank / wraith 200
    sunderers without guns 100, sunderes with guns 200, sunderers with blockade or repair 300
    Harrassers without guns 150, harrasser with guns 250.

where does it end? most of the cheapest things in this game are FAR too dangerous for their cost...
    • Up x 2
  12. LaughingDead

Just for the sake of the thread:
    Removing ammo and repair sundis: No.
    Adding the lodestar: YES.

On the flip side, I'd gladly spawn a vanguard worth 750 nanites if it had several more guns attached.
    • Up x 1
  13. FateJH

I agree. Infantry should pay in nanites to respawn.
  14. LeonardJones

in the context of infantry v vehicle, lets do some math here.

c4 light assault: 150 nanites (assume grenade isnt used)

750/150=5 lives worth of c4

assume each life is about one minute (no membership)=50*5 nanites=250

250+750= 1000

1000 / 150=6.66=1 additional life

at most, we get 6-8 lives of c4 before we cannot get additional c4 without waiting.

tank: 450 nanites

average mbt uptime (off my own stats, im not a good tanker and i attack armour) aprox 8 minutes

8*50=400

can pull new tank almost every life

assume no armour, 6 to 8 /2 = 3 to 4 tanks a single player can destroy maximum

average vehicle zerg size is a minimum of 20-30 tanks

on paper, a single LA can assuming 100% accuracy and not needing to spend resources on a vehicle to travel he can take out at most 1/5 of the armour in a zerg.

in real situations, an LA needs to either pull a vehicle (flash, esf, etc, only really viable against single or duo tank teams) to fly over the tanks, drive up to/bail out, drop c4 with perfect timing (if moving) and accuracy, detonate with the now nerfed det delay without getting shot by infantry or the tank itself (which likely has prox radar), redeploy, and come back, obviously costing additional nanites and reducing the amount of c4 they can use.

if he doesnt pull a vehicle, it is more likely he will need to use drifters from a high point (only really viable from towers, bases already high up like Scarred Mesa, on attack from a mountain sundy, or from a squadvalk) or run across the battlefield with ambushers, avoiding other infantry, avoiding vehicles, and avoiding being spotted by the target.

meanwhile, a group of tanks can farm chokepoints, spawnroom shields, point rooms, sundies, and the field from a relatively safe vantage point with the only real threat being a 1/20 chance the light assault will pick them over any other vehicle or an enemy tank squad.

when their tank is destroyed, their nanites have likely recovered enough to simply pull a new one. barring a stalker infil or a sniper or something camping the terminal, pulling the tank is completely safe

i agree that 10 infantry shouldnt be able to take out 10-20 tanks, i just think 10-20 tanks shouldnt be able to shut down 30-80 infantry by not being a total potato.
    • Up x 1
  15. AEROCHAOSS

What is your post about combining repair and repair resupply Sundi?

All I read you are upset by people able to kill people
    • Up x 1
  16. DemonicTreerat

Better fix.

Since repair and ammo buses would technically be consider logistical support have equipping either option reduce the Sunderer's health pool by 50% and increases damage from certain attacks (C4, tank shells, AV mines, etc) by around say 100%. The effect is obvious - such a logistical Sunderer getting anywhere near the front line of a battle swiftly gets deleted. So the typical Sunderer ball (with a few MBTs thrown in) looses its "zombie" quality - instead of taking so long to kill that anything less than a 2 C4 hit plus RL will be out-repaired just a little focused fire will obliterate the APC which makes taking out the others easier.
    • Up x 2
  17. chamks

demonic trerat that is a great idea! reducing the support sundies health pool is a good way to balance that invincible armor zerg
    • Up x 1
  18. Twin Suns

I swear, this forum is becoming the equivalent of The Hague Court.

*grabs Bud Lite* Dilly! Dilly!
  19. Nogrim313

yes because a roaming sundy platoon is constantly winning alerts....lets ban flash races while we are at it.
  20. adamts01

A Deci/Fury Flash is the perfect counter to armor zegs. But if you insist on going infantry then 6 LAs works just fine. Suicide with default rocklet rifles 1 target at a time till the enemy is gone, all with zero Nanite investment.

As far as repair sundies goes, they already halved the repair rate, and I think that's enough to keep them from dominating an equal number of tanks.