[Suggestion] Remote Controlled Mobile Anti Infantry Mine For Stalkers

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Irlogia, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Irlogia

Well, the thread title is rather self explanatory, but here is how i imagined it would work:

If used while the stalker is not cloaked, it is simply thrown down like a regular AI mine on the ground.
    If it is used while the stalker is cloaked, however, the stalker remains cloaked, and the player takes control over the mine itself. Then, the mine can be "walked" around until it reaches a desirable position (within a certain range), kind of like the nc Phoenix rocket launcher. When a good position for the mine has been reached, pressing LMB will deploy, and activate the mine to function like a regular AI mine. As a possible extra feature, maybe pressing RMB instead will cause the mine to immediately explode, albeit with lower damage, for use as a sabotage weapon. (To blow enemy vehicle mines under their own sunderers and tanks for instance)

I was thinking that this would make a nice addition to the Stalkers purpose as a sabotage and assassination class.

So, what would you think about having something like this added to the game?
  2. DIGGSAN0

3. Eternaloptimist

Ability to kill enemies while remaining cloaked? Sounds about as OP as it gets. After all, infils can't deploy mines, shoot, knife or throw 'nades while cloaked and I'm guesssing that is for the same reason.

I know the Phoenix can be guided to it's target and I love that. Especially ganking Maxes and trying to pick off esfs. But you have to stand still and remain visble while you do it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scudmungus

I'd prefer an actual decoy tool - perhaps replacing our detection tool. For the fun factor - sure, make it remote control. We can already troll squads by our lonesome. Having them chase a decoy RC drone around the map? Beautiful :)
  5. NubCannon

What would be better, would be emp bolts for crossbow (with smaller blast radius), being able to detonate enemy mines would be great, or emp c4 for infiltrator. i know they sound like they wouldn't get you many kills, but imagine, you're hanging out near a point the enemy are defending, you notice them gathering around a stair case that another infy has dropped a proxy mine by, you shoot it rewarding yourself with a chained explosive assist, and deployable destruction. (you could however just use explosive bolts for this i guess)

or perhaps you're running hunter cloak, and there is an enemy sundy, you place emp c4 under it and wait for a group to spawn in, you detonate the emp, and open up with you primary, be it whatever you want, rewarding you with quick kills, that require only patience.

or perhaps you're being chased by an enemy heavy, you drop an emp bolt at him, knocking his shields down and knife him. sure, you could use grenades for these things, but often times emp grenades take away your cloak and shields, making them more of a yolo device.