Remember to drop ammo, FGS

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by DeadlyPeanutt, Mar 10, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

I've played engie main for a long time, but have recently been playing more HA and LA to mix things up.

It's very clear when playing these classes that engies are NOT remembering to drop ammo even in large scale battles. I can't count the number of times i walk by an engie on a turret, ask for ammo, am ignored and have to go hunting for ammo or redeploy just to get more ammo.

I know the silly cap on ammo makes ammo packs much less productive of xp, but please remember to assist your team by dropping ammo.

when i play engie, i'm floating on the front lines, constantly dropping ammo in cover near actively firing pods of friendlies unless i'm repairing maxes/vehicles or running a turret. when i'm on a turret, i have an ammo pack near me in cover of the turret. when i'm working with a max in a stable position, there is ammo near the max

try to remember guys... and dev, take off the cap please, it's outdated.
    • Up x 3
  2. MarvinGardens

It's pretty dumb. Usually there's either no ammo, or a pile of ammo stack on top of each other from multiple engineers...
  3. Pelojian

here's the problem you get in PS2 not just with engineers. there little to none (engineer, medic etc) you pull one and suddenly two minutes later there's a ton of them, so you swap classes and magically all those engineers/medics disintegrate so you are back to square one.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mefi

Looking at Miller VS, our engineers drop ammo often enough. But when we need to push to a capture point, oftenly there are only medics and HAs.
    These classes are needed right here right now, but engineer... eh, I'm not sure what it can do better in such situations.
  5. day ofm one

As an Engineer, I love being abled to deploy two ammo bags and you can be pretty damn sure I will drop one into each smaller or larger group of friendlies.
  6. Plastikfrosch

I played stalker most of my playtime but i started playing engy for the carbines and the 1st thing i certed was the ammopack so i can drop 2 with a wide radius.
    And i really dont get why so many people dont drop ammo. whenever i see an ammoicon over a head or a group of friendlys without an ammopack around i drop one but the moment i play another class than engy i run out of ammo so ofter because there are no packs even if the engys are around and you can press V4 or type /re ammo please as often as you want (and even if you start to dance on top of a turret while the engy is on it) you wont get ammo (or repairs if you are a Max) and i cant understand that.
    Dropping ammo is my job as engy. its a big help to the team and its also free certs.
    Its like bringing the only sundy to a hostile base at the perfect place but not deploying it.
  7. patoman

Also hint, you can deploy ammo packs even if you are just using enginer as a diver for your favorite tank, see a HA or max suit with a ammo nofiticaiton, stop drop and drive.

Or even repairing depending on the situation.
  8. Dumpsterprophet

TR is notorious for not repairing anything (including smoking sunderers). Yesterday i saw someone in a max yelling for ammo for 2 mins so i finally change classes and threw down an ammo pack. I dont understand why people cant play a class correctly. Do those same people roll medics and not heal or revive? Dropping ammo and repairing is what you're SUPPOSED to be doing.
  9. Acceleratio

This SO much! Its the main reason why i unlocked the heat directive guns. No more need for engis^^
  10. Czerń

From what I saw, there is always plenty of infantry engineers in NC, while most of VS and TR engies are sitting in vehicles :p
  11. MaDiv

Yeah, yours are repairing MAX'es...