Remember Smedley's promise in '07? Nothing changed in 8 years

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, May 24, 2015.

1. Kirppu1

And the thread that has an idea turn into valkyrie thread
  2. Klabauter8

The Valkyrie was a part of what the thread was about.
  3. boey

People are tired of these planned updates and promises, which will very likely not happen in the end. And when something is getting updated it very often is NOT how the players wanted it to be or how they imagined it to be. You can plan as much as you want, in the end it counts what is being done, how it is getting done and how fast it is getting done. And that's what a lot of people are unsatisfied with in this game. And i can absolutely understand them.

And i can not see this "a lot of updates being done" lately what you are talking about. Could you please show them to me?

Look at the pop chart and you will see what changes when people wake up. A lot of them cancel their sub and many just leave alltogether, because they are bored, frustrated, unsatisfied and gave up on this game. They are tired of all the promises and only promises, years after years.

People just want to show up, that you have to be very careful when investing real money and hope in SOE products. If you do, the chance will be very high that you will be unsatisfied or frustrated in the end with an unfinished dead game.

When someone has to get into action then it's definitely SOE/DBG. That is the goal.
    • Up x 2
  4. Kirppu1

-Airshield never happened
    - Bringing PhysX never happened
    - Dx11 never happens
    - Despicable graphics happened
    - The frigate never happened
    - Upgrade now happened
    - Upgrade to smeds stomach size happened
    - bastardization of planetside happened
    - No volumetric clouds

The guy is a pathological liars like higby and others, why do people scream when ea & ubisoft do the same but no one gives a flying one when SOE did/does the same

And last but nowhere near last: Talking crap about Ps4 not going to downgrade the PC version, all i can do is say: "Well you are not going to get my money" And they aren't going to get a single penny from me until the RTS part of the game is fixed(i don't have high hopes for it), to the level that it should have been years ago.

Until i see some new stuff that the vets have been requesting about 3 years now i will continue to have this hatred towards DBG, why? Because they aren't mastering it, it is one of it's kind and it has a lot of potential and they feed it to death with McDonald's grade crap, instead of giving fruits, meat, and vegetables to make it strong

In conclusion; "once a beautiful franchise given to no less than incompetent group of idiots....."
  5. Kirppu1

kk
  6. FateJH

Blatant itemization follows.
    Technically, it almost did happen; then, enough didn't like the result that they decided not run with it.
    Once again, then originally started working with the PhysX particle effects, then had to pause when it was showing up as a source of bugginess and performance drag. That's not any excuse to drop it after being prominent enough to be on a list of features but being purely cosmetic doesn't lend it to priority.
    Was it promised? I forget where the stance on it is now.
    Day one.
    Bastion cruiser? That was always pie in the sky concept art, and anyone who felt otherwise after playing the early game for a few minutes is foolish for not having realized that.
    *three skipped*
    Not certain about that one. Were volumetric clouds a promised feature?
  7. Atis

Ppl didnt ask for valk, they asked for new vehi, SOE said "Next vehi is valk" so ppl were waiting for valk after that. No because valk is what they want, but because "valk=new vehi" in their heads.

PS2 is low priority project for DBG, they get way more money from H1Z1 already and are not willing to risk investing in 3 years old title. Only way for PS2 to get serious changes is to give someone like BBurness carte blanche, while Smed ruins other games. Since adding anything big costs money, only way to improve PS2 at low budget will be to stop adding new shinies and concentrate at mechanics and completing half-made stuff.
  8. Crator

I believe I used the incorrect term yesterday. Instead of consensus I should have said collaboration. It better fits the relationship DGC is trying to have with it's players. IMO, they should do a better job of explaining the reasons behind decisions they make instead of leaving the community to speculate. But other then that, they can and should still implement what they think is best for the game overall.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kirppu1

1st, The mentally ill community started having their autism medication withdrawal meaning that they needed to pull the idea, which was extremely idiotic
    2nd, David carey said about ½ year ago that they would come back
    3rd, https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/428955184631279616
    4th, Game looked okayish when it released
    5th, Frigate could've implemented because there wouldn't have zones
    6th, https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/481939595504799744/photo/1
  10. Takara

To that I would say, well we should thank them for the fixes. I hardly think we should praise them for fixing the product they want us to give them money for.

Honestly, if this was the first SoE/DB game I had spent money on that then turned around and trashed itself by short cutting their own goals. I might be willing to over look stuff. But it isn't...and they have proven they are just in it for the short term money.
  11. FateJH

For the record, I was against the idea from day one and gave only enough leeway for a prototype that might make me feel like I was wrong. I felt the prototype was worse than my expectations (and exceedingly uglier).
    The problem was not zones. This game always had zoning but the mechanics for zone changes were much less obtrusive in the past, especially before the Invincibility Bug and Mission System.
    The real issue about the Bastion was a heap of actor interactions that were not being addressed and that no one even highlighted as issues. If it were just an overglorified Galaxy, what would be the point? If it were anything greater, it'd still be a mass of actors trying to keep in spatial sychronization somehow. My Valkyrie's elevators still fly off on their own from time to time, I see an aircraft's gun bob when it shouldn't, and I can't even stand on a slow moving Galaxy without sliding.
    We don't even get night and day matched up between clients. I have no confidence in volumetric clouds that would treat everyone the way they think it looks for them.
  12. Gremmel

New vehicles and weapons don't mean **** when the gameplay itself is mostly spawn camping. Maybe one or two base captures in a 8 hour play session yields a good fight, and that's with looking at the map as often as possible. The rest are just zergs and Biolabs, that if removed, not a single person would miss.
    • Up x 3
  13. Kirppu1

The volumetric clouds would work but the issue would be the players with crappy pcs
  14. Haquim

No, it doesn't take 2 years to decide that food is bad.
    Actually I was absolutely fine with Planetside as it was a year, maybe one and a half, ago.
    Except for maybe the PPA spam coming from the hills.
    But I had performance, good connection, and the hitdetection didn't **** up a third of my fights. I mean DAMN I'm using the goddamned Hailstorm right now, and I can barely drop 2 people with my clip. With 60 bullets. That should be enough for 5 or 6!

I knew they could do better, because it had been better. And they promised to make it better. So I stayed.
    But somehow my good faith didn't survive them moving in EXACTLY the opposite direction of what they promised and what I wanted.
    My two favorites? The "resource revamp" and the "all-around lethality adjustment".
    Both stuck in "Phase one"™
    What is scarier than an enemy tank you're standing next to?
    The engineer inside could jump out and kill you with his carbine before he renders to you.
  15. Navron

I use Stealth and Hover frame on my Valkyrie. I can generally outmaneuver ESFs but I do have a problem against really good Lib pilots. I use it as a transport vehicle especially while Sundy hunting but occasionally I'll solo fly it and deliver rockets of freedom.
  16. Leftconsin

I understand your position. My mother is like that. There are places she refuses to go to because she had just one bad experience in the 70s. personally, for example, I have not eaten at a Burger King in almost 3 years after I got a Bacon Double Cheeseburger that had just one patty, one strip of bacon, and a smear of ketchup. But in a few years I'm willing to give them another shot. NGE went to live in Nov '05 I then unsubscribed. I started Planetside 2 in April '13 on the recommendation of a close friend. I'm not going to boycott a company forever. I think things can change, and seven years should be enough time to change.
  17. Dgross

Yes let's just all stick our heads in the sand and keep giving SOE/DGB money in return for extremely little.
    What was the point of YOUR post?

To get everyone to stop rightly criticizing a company that takes money and doesn't make good on promises? It's good that you have cash to burn and throw out the window but some of us would actually like value for what we spend.

That's the point. And you completely missed it.
  18. Taemien

But still hanging around? Insulting the CEO? How much sense does that make? If I went to your workplace and insulted your manager, would that entice you to do a better job?

That analogy doesn't quite work. Leaving out a patty or a strip of bacon isn't a job ending mistake like you accused Smedley of in the part I quoted. Would you try eating at that burger king again if you found a cockroach in your sandwich? No you wouldn't, unless the place closed down and opened up under new management. And even then you'd be a bit wary about it. Even after 7 years.
  19. Klypto

Thread title reminded me of this picture.

I didn't actually read anything in the thread though, but who cares. Picture.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  20. Kirppu1

Yes i still "hang" around because there are some good threads in here. I am not insulting i am providing clear points he does eat quite a lot. And yes it would i don't have the need to not to take my medication for pathological lying