"Reload speed increased by 36% and projectile speed increased by 08% when deployed."

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Frostbitten, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Frostbitten

Hiigbbyy...! You have some good explaining to do.

You are ruining one only good thing Prowler is good at. You can nerf it by third for example, I'm fine with that but nerf it at this level? This is wrong. Very wrong.

1) Hitting strafing Magrider much harder
    2) Titan AP now can even better molest deployed Prowlers
    3) Prowler is on the top of the scoring boards only because it's double shot and that gets the infantry. You can nerf it all the way long but it will still top the charts because of that. This is someone doing nerf with attitude "hmm, look at this stats and let's change that".

To all concerned ESF & Liberator pilots: Yeah, you can continue hovering around slowly without getting worried of direct hit. Once again we're brought with Vanguard AP issue who is even better at sniping aircraft because it can actually move and have good projectile velocity.

To NC: I have nothing against Vanguard - it's the only proper tank in game. Other 2 are just broken toys.
    • Up x 12
  2. Pikachu

Wait what! Has prowler anchor mode been nerfed? And by a huge number? :eek:
    • Up x 3
  3. Frostbitten

4. Xebov

To be honest i dont see a Nerf here. I only see a typo in a description, it states 08 wich is a typo. In addition to that its a Testserver. Stuff is supposed to be tested there, thats why you see some strange thing on it from time to time. So instead of complaining about the "Nerf", wich is also allready done in the vehicle section, you better ask for clarification to get knowledge of what they are planing.

But however, if they going to Nerf the projectile speed on the lockdown it would be very welcome. To put it in Numbers, the current projectile speeds are 225m/s for Magrider, 250m/s for Prowler and 275m/s for Vanguard. The current Lockdown changes it to 362.5m/s wich nearly removes the drop from your gun and to put it into relation, your lockdown projectiles reach 75% of the speed of skyguards. It has nothing todo with pilots hovering around or tanks staying around, its simply point the gun and shoot over long distances paired with a final reload of what? 1 Second?
  5. Frostbitten

And that's why this is posted in "test discussion" for further clarification of this. Ain't it?
    • Up x 2
  6. UberBonisseur

Reduce reload speed bonus to 25%, projectile speed bonus to 25% at max level
    Give the bonus to gunner aswell.

Deployed Prowlers are insanely strong; but only because you can 1/2 them.

If you really want to "nerf" anchor mode, split the bonus and give it to the gunner.
    -It will promote driver/gunner teamplay
    -It will create interesting weapon synergies
    -It will prevent AP-AA railguns
    -It will increase the potency of specialized gunner weapons
    -It will keep the overall anchor firing power intact (if you 2/2)
    • Up x 3
  7. Runegrace

I'm mostly confused on why such a large decrease. You'd think that you'd drop it from 60% to 45 or 30% before nerfing the velocity buff into almost nothing. And didn't they buff the velocity from 45% to 60% in one of the patches? This isn't the work of a nerf 'bat' so much as a pendulum. 6 months later: Prowler Deploy velocity buff increased to 80%?
  8. doombro

No! I just maxed it out! :( WHY!

Did they forget how completely useless it was before? I don't want to return to those times.
    • Up x 3
  9. Takoita

Given how bugs and stuff has migrated from Test to Live unopposed several times before, I'm not willing to say 'this is a typo, nothing to worry about'.

Also, MAX AV seems to have deliberately increased projectile convergence issue in there too. WTF?
    • Up x 2
  10. Metal Insomniac

Good. I'll bet they're doing this due to the Prowler currently being the best AA in the game. It might be a little too harsh of a nerf, but we'll see how things go. If it's too nerfed, then you guys have nothing to worry about, right?
  11. CrashB111

This is SOE dude, they left the ZOE un touched for 6 months and I really am not looking forward to the Prowler being made useless for 6 months.

I remember the dark ages when this game launched, my Prowler was only good as a shotgun tank that had to hug Magriders with my Vulcan to take them down. I really, really, reaaaaaaaaaaaly do not want to return to those days especially after the multitudes of long range Infantry AV options introduced since then. Lockdown isn't even OP, trading all of your movement speed along with a deploy/undeploy animation that makes you a sitting duck makes it balanced.
    • Up x 5
  12. DocteurVK

The real big deal of the anchor mode was the aboility to snipe aircraft way too easily, IMO... But this was probably due to the turret elevation too (mag can't aim that high).

Also, It was situational and the concept is nice, balanced and may be an interesting tool for siege tactics.

Dunno why they think they need to change it...
    • Up x 2
  13. Kunavi

Uhmmm I get shot down in Lib flying very high by Lightnings, the most. What Prowler specific AA????
    • Up x 1
  14. Kociboss

Hm....I would go for that I guess. This or just don't touch it at all.
  15. CrashB111

I don't know why they are touching it in the first place, I haven't exactly seen a massive forumside tide of "DEPLOY MODE IS OP! NERF PLOX!" on the boards. I was under the impression that the Prowler was seen as prettty balanced in its current state since it has to trade its superior speed to get its maximum DPS power.
    • Up x 2
  16. Hosp

As someone mentioned already, I believe that 08% to be a typo or some sort of mistake. Perhaps it meant they would lower the projectile speed when anchored by 08%, which would give it a more flat 36-37% bonus for reload AND projectile speed. With that being said...

I can agree with this.
    • Up x 1
  17. Alarox

The reason it's been removed is because it wasn't necessary in the first place. All it does is make Prowler AV beat the Magrider at all ranges (even at long-range, the only time the Magrider has an advantage) and turns AI AA and long-range AV into easy-mode for the Prowler by comparison.

Prowler AP non-lockdown: 685 DPS
    Prowler AP lockdown: 1142 DPS
    Vanguard AP: 500 DPS
    Magrider FPC: 476 DPS

Achieving a DPS of 1142 at the cost of being stationary? That's pretty damn good. At long-range you're stationary anyway if you want to be accurate, and the velocity bonus was never relevant at close range.
    • Up x 2
  18. Alarox

Note: Edit on the above. I believe I did the math wrong for the Prowler, and the base DPS is actually higher than what I posted and the lockdown DPS is actually lower than what I posted.

1.) The Magrider's only real strength is strafing at long-range, which lockdown completely negates due to the velocity bonus.
    2.) The Vanguard AP is 25m/s faster than the Prowler. The only reason the Vanguard would now "molest" deployed prowlers is if they can't aim without having 400m/s velocity. Basically, if the Prowler isn't good and the Vanguard is.
    3.) They have tank vs tank and tank vs air statistics as well as tank vs infantry.

"To all concerned ESF & Liberator pilots: Yeah, you can continue hovering around slowly without getting worried of direct hit. Once again we're brought with Vanguard AP issue who is even better at sniping aircraft because it can actually move and have good projectile velocity."

You mean 25m/s more velocity? 10% faster? So the difference between "good" and "not good" is the same as the difference between 250m/s and 275m/s? What about the Magrider?

The Vanguard is fine. The Prowler is fine (besides the irrationally high lockdown velocity for no real reason other than to make it easy-mode). The Magrider needs a rework to be buffed.
    • Up x 3
  19. Flharfh

It better be 8% per level because if it is 8% total the Prowler will now be the worst tank in the game.
    Vanguard is the best AA tank because it can OHK an ESF, Prowler has to hit two shots.
    As it is, a 2/2 Vanguard with shield can go toe to toe with lockdown'd 2/2 Prowler and win, so. . . .NC have the best at one thing, at least.
    • Up x 1
  20. teks

I mean, the magrider is in a real bad state or I'd 100% agree, but without a doubt it'd be a huge nerf to the prowler with is unjustified.