[Suggestion] Release Black Ops Before 2015 Ends.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Foxirus, Sep 10, 2015.

1. AlterEgo

*Gasp*
    How did you know?

It's mine I tell you! All mine!
  2. SamReye

Black Ops should happen, imo, but it also needs to be done well. I just hope it encourages population balance if/when it is added.
    • Up x 1
  3. zaspacer

It should:
    1) be available to all Levels
    2) allow players to join any Underpop Faction on any Continent
    3) provide an base bonus for combat (Merc Pay)
    4) provide an extra bonus ONLY when in battles that the joined Faction is 50% or less of population
    5) when the joined Faction becomes Overpop on the Continent, the Black Ops player Tour Of Duty ends. They get a "You Tour Of Duty Has Ended" Screen with decorations, stats and bonuses earned listed, and a giant red stamp "Completed". They also then have the choice (clickable buttons) to redeploy to another Continent and stay paired with the same joined Faction, stay on the Continent but switch to an Underpop Faction, or back out to the Menu Screen
    6) have Black Ops soldiers look different and have large color patches where they wear their joined Faction's color.
    7) give access to ES Weapons/Units of their Joined Faction: you want to motivate people to play Black Op (so you let them play what they want), and you also want them to bring a 100% effective soldier to the underpop (not one gimped by Weapon/Unit constraints).
    8) allow players to Cert up within the different Factions (getting access to ES Weapons/Units, while in their joined Faction). Maybe Unlocking for one Faction opens the equivalent it for all Factions: it would be strongly bad motivation toward bothering to play Black Ops if it required unlocking 3x just to have access across each Faction. OR, can just give Black Ops free unlocks: Motivates people to play it, which is what we want to help solve Pop Imbalance.
    9) allow multiple players and outfits to select their Continent/Faction as a group. So they can play together and not be motivated not to do it.

It can:
    1) have players start with default NS Loadouts OR joined Faction standard gear: whichever is gonna motivate people to play Back Ops.

Other thoughts?

The idea for "it should" is to create a system that:
    1) directly addresses population Imbalance
    2) players are motivated positively to participate in
  4. CMDante