Reinforcements Module

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Greeno, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Greeno

What does it do? and don't link me to the bare bones description that is ambiguous.

Anyone can spawn any deployed sundy, anytime.... is this some sort of left over module from Planetside times past? Its 1500 certs so not a light investment for something that can't even really be in a position where you usually want a Sundy.

orrrr.... Reinforcements Needed... so does this mean that you don't have a redeploy timer on a Sundy in range that is in a hex fitting reinforcement requirements? You just can select it, anytime, or its like the warpgate, always clickable after redeploy/death?
  2. Peebuddy

As you said it's from a previous version of planetside, it currently has no use because you can already spawn at any sunderer on the map given you don't out pop contented zones. It does not shorten respawn timers.

Maybe they'll give it a use in the future, probably not since base building is the red headed step child of Planetside.
  3. RabidIBM

The spawn system has lots of leftovers from old systems which seem to conflict with one another and occasionally make spawns unavailable when they should be available. The reinforcement module seems to override all other spawn mechanics and say that this sundy IS available to everyone, regardless or any other spawn mechanic.

If you're into construction, I'd say it's still worth it. I personally have been a lot less into construction lately because of how ludicrous the cortium bomb is, and even suspended my subscription. If they want to depower me from under powered and reduce my play style to the status of chew toy, they can do it for free.
    • Up x 1
  4. Greeno

Thanks for the replies fellas!

I think it all depends on how attentive one is with the base. Most of the guys ganking the bases solo aren't the best in a gunfight and well placed infantry turret takes care of them or keys you in to their presence. Believe it or not, despite the negative stigma.. bunkers are a great trap for an active base. I usually run the radar on my ANT too so I see anything coming and going. I've also stopped clustering all my modules in a sundy garage, its great protection from the air but, a land guy sneaking in is actually protected in there. I more or less spread mine out so they can't take it all out with one bomb.

I don't know a planetside before cortium bombs lol, arrived in December 2020 :) At least they are limited to people in an Outift.

Honestly the construction and other unique stuff is what keeps me around, changes the pace. The infanty play is pretty much just who knows how to and who abuses the engine better. The head bobbing and weaving meta is all based on manipulating lag the best it feels like. If it wasn't for the good outfit I found early, I'd have moved on.
  5. RabidIBM

This is not the first time I've encountered the "attentiveness with the base" argument. The thing is, nobody wants to sit at a base for half an hour of nothing because someone might have shown up. Sure, I'll build at the war front, but the front can be unpredictable. For example, say I'm playing out of the northern warpgate on Indar. Building on Lowland Trading Post makes sense. However, the war front might push as far as Hvar Tech Plant. In that case, the base at Lowland isn't of much immediate use, but is a good nest egg for later.

With cortium bombs the way they are, I'm required in this case to sit at Lowland indefinitely because enemies MIGHT show up. If I leave for any reason, whether to gather cortium, run a router for my platoon, or even just move myself up to the front to shoot something because my base is 1.5km behind the line, that's it, the base is dead. The alarm module pings, I hit redeploy. That's 10 seconds, plus 15 seconds to spawn on the spawn tube makes a 25 second delay to my response to a 20 second bomb. I watch the spawn tube disappear while I'm on the spawn screen, maybe spawn at Indar Excavation Site with a sunderer, and even get some squad mates to spawn into the sundy. As I'm driving up to my own base cortium bombs are going off like a bag of pop corn because they're free, and even if I kill the bugger, the damage is done.

So, yeah, as a builder, I suspended my subscription in protest. I'll resub when I'm at least seeing some respect. Balance can be some way off, but the current cortium bomb is blatantly disrespectful. If Wrel wants to disrespect me, he can do it for free.