[Suggestion] Regional prices for All Access membership

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lampenfieber, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Lampenfieber

So im from Brazil, im playing this game since the release and really like.

I was a member for most of this time and im thinking to come back to sign a all access membership, but i realize the price in too high, even if a convert USD to BRL is high.

And i believe this case is what happen not only with Brazillians but others who have the same issue, and like me want to support the game but are asking for a more "friendly" way to be a member.

A simple example using Netflix subscription:

Netflix Basic
    USA - $9.99
    Brazil - R$ 25,90

All Access Membership
    USA - $14.99
    Brazil - R$ 85.94

The thing is planetside 2 is a global game, we have people from all parts of the world, but the value is fixed on US Dollars, and for some contries a simple conversion not worth it. For Brazil, if we converted the price for BRL, is almost a full price of a new game every month, for a subscription.

I opened a support ticket and the support recommend to open a post here and see how it goes.
    • Up x 1
  2. AvalancheZ250

Personally, I've found the Planetside 2 is just a very expensive game. Individual cosmetic pieces aren't poorly priced, but many good ones are exclusively in uber-expensive bundles (Endeavour weapons, Halberd SE, Apex variants of default Medic rifles, Decimator with an actual scope etc.). The All-Access Membersbip subscription is also expensive, and isn't worth it unless you play every day or are buying it once to skip the initial 10,000 Cert price to get ASPs.

Thankfully, the game isn't pay-to-win. But I honestly think they'd earn more money if they resold many bundle items on their own, but jacked up the individual prices a bit more. And make subscription cheaper or offer slightly more benefits. But that's just from my personal belief that minnows and dolphins in total outspend whales. Since I'm not the one with the data, I can't know if I'm right with that assumption.
  3. Tr34

I fully support this. I live in Turkey, I was able to buy All Access Membership easily when 1 USD was 1.5 Lira.
    Now that we are in a deep economic crisis, 1 USD is 18 Liras and $15 (270 Liras) is a lot to keep paying every month.
    I know that there are many non-western countries having this USD exchange rate problem.

Since almost every other thing has regional pricing, I can buy a full AAA game for that price from Steam.
    I'm not saying $15 is a lot, but currency crisis hit some countries real hard and it's just not logical to buy stuff from the store anymore.
    I want to buy some vehicle and infantry skins but when I convert it to my currency, the price becomes too high for my country's standard.
    Daybreak, you wouldn't lose anything if you did regional pricing, they are digital items/skins. Even if it's a lower price you would still earn more from those countries since we can't really buy anything with USD at the moment.
    I will gladly keep supporting you guys if you introduce regional pricing.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kyomon

Since Daybreak changed prices in Brazil it became really hard to support PS2, I hope you guys fix it, you are just cutting off potential customers with those prices, around 20~30 BRL monthly subscription should be the right price, it would be the average for services subscriptions in Brazil.
    • Up x 1
  5. RabidIBM

There's a major issue here, people will just use their VPNs to get the cheap price.