Regeneration Field

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, May 21, 2014.

1. Torok

So... with all the ruckus caused by Implants I see many if not everyone, totally forgot about this new Medic ability, that should have been brought ingame with yesterday's patch.
    In fact as I did not see it in the patch notes It was the first thing I checked once I logged in... only to find the slot you know, missing.

So what's the deal with it SOE, if everyone pretty much forgets about it, probably means it wasn't cool enough?
    Back to the drawing board?
    Needs tuning?

I'm eager to hear a reply, somebody was saving 1680 certs for it you know!

[IMG]
  2. NC_agent00kevin

Actually, I did forget all about it. Funny thing was, I saved 4900 certs last week for this patch.
  3. Torok

Yeah same, something around 4080 or so for all the unlocks
  4. AdamRah

I only get 100/150 a week D:
  5. zukhov

On test it was bugged and would regen enemy shields as well. Very embarrassing for medics.
  6. Torok

Well it's the same mechanic as the ammo box, which they never stated it was either a bug or feature, if that would be the reason then it wouldn't be a medic the one embarrassing, but the developers themselves.
  7. Acceleratio

It was lame to being with. I would have wised for alot more interesting features. Like that nano virus they had in beta or at least some sort of healing packs you could deploy like ammo boxes. So many ideas yet the only thing we got is new AR and upgrades to the abilitys we already had.
  8. Plunutsud pls

Does their effect stack when placed in the same spot by different medics?

That would be insanely overpowered.
  9. Corporate Thug

I was wondering if they stacked as well. It would indeed be OP if it did stack.
  10. JP_Russell

Don't see myself ever using this over health regen. I guess it could... make some kind of sense in a biolab you're defending with an outfit and you're designated as one of the few medics placing this thing down in choke points. And I guess it also has applications in action-packed spawncamping/spawn room warrior gameplay. Grasping at straws here...

Do you get any XP for shields regenerated with this?
  11. Paragon Exile

It needs to be an alternative to C4 in the equipment slot.
    • Up x 1
  12. KnightCole

Being able to regen shields? And have another medic sitting there with heal aura? This will be sooooooooo damn broke. get like 4 medics with regen devices down and another 4 alternating heal aura around a corner.............wanna talk about a pointless camp fest of invulnerability? ding ding, there we have it...

I personally dont wanna see this joke happen.....

Regen device can go away....we need no shield regen items......not while we can also stack with healing auras.....people can literally become invincible...and as if its not bad enough having to put 30-50 rounds into people now...