Regarding Hackusations

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phazaar, Feb 11, 2013.

1. SIVLEOL

This thread reminds me of when my entire squad was accusing a single BR 70 guy of hacking because "no one can get perfect head shots on 3 people in a row" and "omg he killed me instantly". Funny thing was, at one point, due to using my jet pack to stick to a ledge near a wall that most people wouldn't think you could hang on to, I got the drop on him but failed at killing him out right, some intense dodging around structures happened and we both used up much of our clips, I then managed to finish him with my pistol when I had about a single bullet worth of health left. He was clearly not hacking, he was quite good at maneuvering to avoid being hit and his aim was relatively good, but this supposed ability to perfectly head shot everyone appeared to be nonexistent.

This is not the first time I've seen things like this happen in FPS, I used to be falsely accused of hacking almost every session when I still played Crossfire. Even very ridiculous things can actually just be good play combined with bad play. One time in Crossfire, there was much screaming of hax when I saw my teammate go down and deduced that they are probably reloading, ran in and killed 7 players in a row due to a combination of having excellent control of my guns at the time, lucky head shots and the opponents who weren't reloading collectively failing at aiming. (The best thing was that this was in elimination, in which it is only possible to kill 8 opponents per round, so I effectively killed their entire team by myself in a single spree)

Many times what seems like aim that is too good could just be luck, one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in terms of hackusations was when a guy accused the guy who headshot him (in that game its an instakill) of hacking. Looking at the accused's score, he had 2 kills and 18 deaths.

As a result of all this, I don't believe there are as many hard-to-spot hackers in PS2 as many seem to believe, the OP is absolutely correct in his post. As well, one needs to remember that this game does have a radar-thing, if your not using a silencer you'll find enemies will have a fairly good idea where you might be a lot of the time.

TL/DR: I agree with the OP based on my own experiences in other FPS and this one.
  2. k3nw

...well said. and unfortunately the hacking accusations will just continue. I was accused of hacking yesterday by a player, because I got the drop on him twice. people are so quick to assume someone has to be hacking when they lose, especially multiple times.

I have caught myself mumbling about hackers, but when I slow it down and think about my sloppy game play, or rambo tactics, I've got to be honest with myself ...
  3. Soloviev

I get accused of it several times a day every day I play.

I really wouldnt care, its not the first game its happened in.

It is the first time I was banned for it though. If your stats are good and masses of noobs report you in game - you best have some footage on hand.

Basically I think addressing anyone but SoE support staff with this issue is a waste of time. If you've ever actually gotten a steady stream of hackusations, youd know how ******** these people are and how little reason they possess; I am certain most of them would accuse you of hacking even while watching you play over your shoulder.

What we need to ensure is that SoE sticks to what they say on these forums, which is that every suspicious person is actually investigated. You're not gonna get anywhere trying to change the average mentality of the people doing the actual reporting, imo.
  4. Nacasatu

This thread = First rule of cheating, deny the existence of cheaters.
  5. Bagginz

Alright Satriani, maybe you should just wax your head and face roll some Malmsteen.

But, that's the only part of the OP I didn't skim, because it caught my eye as being overly ****** sounding. That and the thing about your original post getting deleted, which combined is more than enough to tell me that your opinion means nothing.

Regardless, if you think its reasonable to expect a PC video game that is free of cheaters, then you're just naive. Ever wonder why that thread got deleted? Making threads like this don't help the game, they hurt it. This is basically an advertisement suggesting to people that they can easily cheat, and at the end of the day there's no way for them to tell the difference. Oh yeah, that and some teabaggin' story about how sick you are at playing the guitar.

Reallllyyyyy? Well in that case, I'm Lebron James, and I play basketball for the Miami Heat. I can slam a basketball right on YO FACE MAN so my opinion is more important than that of anyone else.

rofl.
  6. LabRatTy

I can understand why people think someone could be cheating. It's simple logic - you don't understand what else could possibly explain what's happening.

But read that again: YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

And yet so many people are willing to take the leap from not understanding to "I'm absolutely certain they are cheating." You've done no real investigation - you don't understand what they're doing. You probably didn't even try asking them how they did it. You have no idea if they're actually cheating, you only think they could be.

So why are you biased? Why are you telling everybody that this person cheats, when you only believe that they could be?

I hate that so many people are so willing to make this logical mistake. It doesn't matter so much in video game land (the game company will perform real investigation & there's no real consequence either way), but it really messes things up elsewhere. You end up with people who believe they are the good guys when in fact, they make themselves worse than the people they're accusing.

It's disgusting.
  7. Buntfunk

Please good sir, do not go on writing self indulgent essays like that. Really, it is in your own best interest.You make a fool of yourself.

Alright genius, I'm going to try that out. Do I have to chant it or is it more of a silent prayer? What exactly will happen? Will my k/d improve when I chant this to myself? No seriously. I lol at you.

There are plenty cheaters. Don't try to act like parody of Dr. Freud to downplay that.
  8. TheWhiteDragon

There are certainly some that are obvious. ESP is easy to spot because they'll watch the walls instead of the door where the players come out. No recoil is pretty obvious when all their shots hit from 100 meters away. Foor and teleport hacks are definitely easy to spot, but are rare because the system bans them so quickly. Generally speaking a skilled player that is aware of what the hacks do can spot them easy. The only one that can't be reliably detected is the aim assists.
    • Up x 1
  9. LabRatTy

• Up x 1
  10. SnakeTheFroski

I personally enjoy my Hackusations; it may be implied illegitimacy, but someone still thinks I stomped them hard enough that it must be a hack/exploit, and that strokes my ego.

A few days ago I was playing LA and I jump jet'd up onto that walkway in the middle of the vehicle bay in amp stations (where the cap and one the spawn generators shield generator is), and happened to jump jet behind an engi (one "KidIcarus" on Mattherson) all camped up nice with his MANA turret, and shot him in the back of the head. He sent me messages for the next 10 minutes about how I should "enjoy being banned" because he "submitted a bunch of tickets"; I could hardly contain my giddiness and elation.

I still haven't been banned, so I take it SOE acknowledged my 1.6 k/d and awful hit ratio for what it is and just filed that guy under "really stupid; disregarded".
  11. rondertaker

got my first accusation of hacking from someone the other day... couldnt even figure out why he thought i was hacking (or get him to tell me) as i am an average player at best.
  12. kucookachu

My last encounter with a legit cheat was the week the devs came back from vacation. Some of my outfit mates think there is a hacker every time they die. When I tell them maybe he's just that good they go into a frenzy, and they tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
  13. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

I have suspicions at first for some players, but when it becomes a bit obvious, such as someone from a distance too far for an automatic to be getting headshots with each bullet, or someone shooting people point blank without actually being there in multiple places at once killing people and never being seen, or how about being blown up with what seems like a single rocket hitting a flash with no lock on warning and there isn't an enemy around for over 1km, and seeing it happen to others. And them there is the ones that are knifing others in the back so quickly you never see them, or people warping to your location from far away and suddenly standing on top of you in a corner that is impossible to get to from any other direction.

Yes, there are times where people seem way too good, and sometimes they are just that good. Those are the players who have dedicated their very existence to FPS gaming, snort crack, down monsters, and sleep maybe 4 hour a day while the other 20 is in game. Sadly, not all of us are that "gifted" and have only so much time to put towards the game. However, one should learn the differences between really good players, and actual cheating/hacking/exploit using.