[Suggestion] Refund Nanites for Vehicles destroyed on quick-spawn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meserion, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Meserion

Consider for Short-term fix and maybe longer term if the "vehicle-spawns-upside-down-under-platform" bug; Also good for letting people test things in Warpgate.

Basically if you pull a vehicle inside the Warpgate and never leave it, if your vehicles is destroyed somehow the Nanites will be refunded. Also if your vehicles dies because of collisions with the ground when pulled elsewhere within the first, say 20 seconds, refund the nanites.
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

Losing a vehicle from a spawning bug sucks and I'd want compensation myself. But getting blown up quickly
    e.g. by enemy action, accident or stupidity is not grounds for a refund imo.

Unfortunately the suggestion would seem to refund nanites in all of the above cases. And as for refunding your nanites because you never left the WG to go anywhere...........:eek:
  3. stalkish

He never said that, are you being intentionally dense?

What he is suggesting is a band-aid fix for the spawning your vehicle underground or inside another vehicle bug.
    AFAIK this happens more often at warpgate than anywhere else so he suggested:
    if you pull a vehicle and dont leave the warpgate and your vehicle is destroyed, you get refunded certs.
    Since the only way to get your vehicle destroyed in the warpgate is to flip it and then exit the vehicle (vehicles cannot be damaged in the warpgate if occupied), i dont think it would be a big crutch, just a QOL improvement until they fix the bug.

Remember when they enabled damage in the warpgate to bandaid the invincibility bug until they fixed it? Same thing.