Reflex Or Reflex 2X? (Solstice SF)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kensharma, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Kensharma

What should I go with and why?

I value ranged battles as in 25m+ very highly as I usually start combat at those ranges and only get really close if they dive in on me.

Also, if I buy the scope for solstice sf on the light assault certs will it also apply to the solstice sf for engineer?
  2. Wolfwood82

I favor the x2 because any situation that requires ADS benefits from some magnification. Doesn't help tremendously but I like it better.

Also yes any attachments you buy for a rifle are for that rifle regardless of class.
  3. ghnurbles

If you're going for 25m+ then definitely go for the 2x.

As someone who goes for a lot of CQC I find the regular reflex a lot more suitable.
  4. Erendil

If you want to stick with reflex sights than yeah, go with the 2x.

Personally I don't think the reflex sights provide enough magnification. I prefer the OG-4 4x scope since the extra magnification means I can effectively engage targets significantly farther away than I could with a lower-powered reflex, but it's still quite usable for me at intermediate ranges where I don't necessarily need the high magnification but I still want to ADS since hipfire isn't accurate enough.

Using the OG-4 allows me to be combat effective at a larger, uh, "range" of ranges. :p
  5. Cipher20

imo 1x reflex is superior in most situations. The 2x reflex causes you to feel the effects of recoil more than the 1x. it's not a huge difference, but you don't need any magnification for short to medium range fire fights.