Reflex or Iron sight?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RF404, Nov 29, 2012.

1. RF404

Is there any advantage to using the Reflex sight instead of the Iron sight (like faster aiming time or lower spread) or is it just a matter of how the sight looks?
  2. lsp1

Just looks I assume.
  3. OminousZ

I don't feel that having a reflex gives you faster aiming, but you may be more accurate because of the dot scope and you have a better FOV. Sometimes the iron sights get in the way.
  4. Blackout (N-C)

Just a tad more accurate and how it looks. (Which really grinds my gears)

Get the 3.4x scope, FAR better.
  5. OminousZ

Actually, i find the 2x reflex sights gives you just the perfect amount of zoom but not too close for close-quarter combat
  6. brilig

You don't have the issue with covering your target up with the reflex site. It works much better for me.
  7. Swiffle

At least for NC, I lose my targets and can't see that well with the LMG and carbine iron sights. I'd like a customizable red dot, or at least some options, but the reflex site is far better imo for these. Didn't have as much problem with Gauss/GR-22, T9 CARV, or VS carbine iron sites.
  8. TimeyWimey

Is vs reflex is the definition of a sidegrade. :]
  9. MrK

I've been used to stock weapons iron sights during beta, on the assumption that they where faster to come up than any added sight (which I now think is wrong). I never got any sight. And only selected the weapons with irongsight having a little light on top of it, the non-light ones being unusable at night.
    Since release, I play HA GD-22S which has no lighted dot on ironsight, I've been forced to add some sight on it, I found the 2x Reflex to be the best compromise
  10. strychzilla

For me, visually, the scopes make the guns look more inaccurate. I've been preferring the Iron Sights so far and I am not a fan of Iron Sights. I would prefer a simple red dot that doesn't bounce all over the place when I burst fire.
  11. Aghar30

looks and some of the reflex have a x2 magnification. Reflex don't cover as much of your POV as iron sights.
  12. Warruz

I usually prefer iron sights in most games, even back when i played COD 2 i always took the rifle without the scope.
  13. Madmojo

Iron sights because all but tr reflex sights in this game are garbage.
  14. Marinealver

Supposed to be better aiming and better spot on target with the bullet drop on the non vanu weapons.
  15. Ðeadite

I actually prefer ironsights because they seem more precise. This is because the dot on the NC reflex sights is kinda big for aiming at distant targets. I still use reflex though because ironsights are a bit blocky and restrict your vision except a few good ones. The NC carbines and NS11 have quite nice irons.
  16. Malkurn

I'm really liking the 3.4x HDS. I do much better at medium and long range engagements than with iron or reflex sites.
  17. Shepherd

The NC 2x Reflex sight is (IMHO) The best sight in PS2 right now. The red dot is just the right size, the magnification is a perfect compromise between range and CQB usefulness, and the field of view is nice and wide. Neither of the TR reflex sights are worth it.

If you play TR, go for the 3.4x red dot (HDS). It is the best sight we have.
  18. KrowAmes

2x reflex. Slight zoom and opens up your field of vision when aiming. That's for assault rifles, btw. Don't know much about any other weapons.
  19. DorkSided

I would use 2x reflex on my Orion but it isn't available for that gun so I use the 1x reflex.
  20. ExarRazor

in my opinion, every iron sight ever made in any video game is horribly, horribly worthless.

sure, some iron sights may be more usable than others, but in the end, they're ALL ****.