Redeployside: this must stop NOW.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Bearlover

While I agree with your post, these 2 different types of players, COD run and gun or the ARMA players who consider using military simulation type tactics, can both be appeased by HOPEFULLY, SOE implementing newer content.

While it is a free to play game, SOE has to cater to both these kinds of players. We currently have 4 continents in the game right now, make alerts only simulated, military style mode, where you are basically limited to respawn/redeploy and that every resource you have is essential. You can't redeploy to the other side of the map by clicking on one button though, so you must fly a gal or something to provide squad logistics.

While we have one continent on ALERT, the other 3 continents will be for the players who enjoy run and gun content.

e.g. War Thunder has 3 different game modes, Arcade, Realistic or Simulation. Planetside 2 should have atleast one other game mode.
  2. Mastermind

Better yet guys, lets just make it so you can't deploy anywhere. Every time you die you start from BR1 at the warpgate again
  3. Collin

Its a huge problem for smaler outfits. they just can´t take a single base especially during alerts. Since you the enemy knows how many peeple the zergfits will deploy just enough players to break the cap from all over the map or just stomp them with a massive deploy.
  4. Keldred

Im all for it being removed it would prevent one platoon being able to juggle themselves between 3 bases.
  5. OldMaster80

Does this make it right? Does it make sense to you that they spent months to get lattice on all continents in order to channel battles into some kind of "flow", then they let platoons teleport at will?
    The teleporting zerg is so efficient that outfits relying on transport vehicles are at big disadvantage. Small groups (and when I mean small I mean even 30 players) have a hard time at countering this. You can't set a defensive perimeter against a redeploying platoon: they stock in the spawn room and wait until they outnumber the enemy, then they come out. And we ALL know that in this game having a 10% more of population equals winning.

These are February patch notes about spawn changes.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/february-spawn-changes.169490/

"The reinforcement system allows players to spawn at active fights on their continent as long as the fight isn’t too overpopulated by the player’s own faction or too overpopulated in general. This system has been working well, a little too well actually, and continents will often reach a state where all active fights are considered balanced (or near enough), which causes there to be no active reinforcement spawn points on the player’s current continent."

I think the screen I posted above proves that IT'S NOT WORKING LIKE THIS. Spawn changes allowed people to spawn a 48 players team in a base that alread reached more than 60% of population. And it lets them do that in 10 seconds.

Devs spent huge resources to make PS2 less frustrating and then eventually... implemented this s**t" They probably think it's a huge fun to spend much time planning an attack and make use of transport vehicles just to be steamrolled by a huge enemy force that popped out of nowhere 30seconds before the base is taken.
    There TONS of threads here and on reddit reporting this issue and nothing has been done so far.

One thing is letting people get into action quickly. We already have a feature for that, and it's this:
    [IMG]

Moreover you can spawn to your squad Galaxies, Valkyries and Sunderers. Isn't this enough?
    Letting people to bounce across the map to steamroll inferior forces is the most idiotic feature they have ever implemented in this game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Moonheart

Perhaps there is a bug, however, I just think that, like many times on those forums, there is lack a true sense of priorities.

Because... what is the problem with redeploy, exactly?
    If you repop somewhere you are not really needed, you will underpop your empire elsewhere... so as I see things, that's not much an issue besides "oh, I would like my bus being more useful"...
    ... which is still an issue, I don't say otherwise.

The main question I wonder is, however : is it an issue more important for the future of the game than having the dev concentrate on new content?

I'm more and more choked to see the amount of efforts the devs currently spend listening at whines and nerfing/"fixing" things that are not truly much an impact on the game if you look at facts on the global scale.
    Even more choked when I look on the other side to the amount of interesting "new content" plans that have been delayed since months because of it.

To me, the "redeployside" is typicaly something that doesn't unbalance game on the global class nor break any class... and I'm now in the mindset that I would prefer that the devs don't pay to much attentions on things like that and start instead to give us what they have made us drool over with teasers since months.
  7. OldMaster80

The problem is platoons can do that so quickly they never lose. You can redeploy, stomp enemy forces and go back to the previous battle in 1 minute.

And still this is detrimental for game's depth. From a tactical point of view the fact one platoon can move to the other side of the continent without placing a beacon, spawning sunderers galaxies or valkyries is just... bad.
    • Up x 2
  8. Unsp0kn

I agree with this 100%. Even I am guilty of just playing redeployside a lot lately because the system has allowed me to be lazy. I used to pull a Mosquito or a Flash and battle taxi to a fight to get there, but the system is flawed and I let myself use it as so. I think it needs changing so that transportation logistics become more important. You want to spawn somewhere far away? Better have a squad Galaxy or Sunderer present. I think it would fix the redeploy zerging and make the game much more fun and intuitive.
  9. Harbinger

I understand your frustration and I share it completely. But let's face the music; it'll never change to the point that we want it. From the very start, Planetside 2 has been an arcadey game that just wants to get the player into battle ASAP and get him to the next battle just as fast. SOE has never indicated to want this game to be anything else. I just enjoy PS2 for what it is, and I'm not holding out hope. They COULD make this a truly great game, the foundation is there, but it'll never change.

It's SOE, after all.
  10. Bearlover

Most say PS2 is still beta, that's the problem with free to play games, they will always have changes. Many small but some truly game changing in fact. Some also say planetside 2 is dying, and if this is SOE's chance to make newer content to lash in new players as well as many veterans that left the game, then we should welcome it. Players have become lazy and accustomed to pressing a button to get to battle. Newer content for people that want some challenges, i mean make it just for alerts. The other 2-3 open continents, leave that for the people that want to continue redeploying.

If we just continuously see nerfs or buffs for a particular faction in the coming future, then i dont think planetside 2 will continue to grow.
  11. HadesR

TBH I think redeploy is still so buggy none of us know how it's intended to work ... and is redeployside a symptom of the system, the bugs or both ?

First things first is to get it working glitch free then go from there ..

This is still a regular occurrence

[IMG]

And these are the options I get as I log in just now

[IMG]

I can't spawn at any of the Northern bases versus TR because we have pop advantage ...

Working as intended ..

This time ..

So it seems some of the redeployside issues are down to the glitch's and bugs in the system, rather than the system itself ..
  12. Boildown

I agree, and although I use redeploy as often as possible because its available, it is a broken mechanic. Logistics should mean more than just a label on the Sunderer directive.
  13. DQCraze

The problem comes from pop balance. The underpopped faction gets stomped without it.
  14. Malleablelist

Here is my problem with redeployside: bad (enemy) will be fighting at one even fight, die, look at the deploy map and will be like "oh look, such and such base is being outpopped, maybe I should spawn there than back at this fight I'm at". That is what redeploy side is.
    People will already be at a fight, die there, and see a base being lost, and immediately go there instead
    they aren't waiting to go somewhere, they're already in a fight. So no, reverting this will not make this game Waitside 2.
  15. MasterOhh

About an hour ago, redeployside won an alert for us (Cobalt Vanu).
    We had the NE warpgate on Esamir and were under massive pressure by the NC in the Mani area and by the TR in the Ymir area.

5 minutes to the end vanus were loosing Mani biolab, Mani Tower and Terran Crashside. A massive multi outfit zerg formed at Mani biolab and crushed the attackers there. Terran Crashside was down to 1:30 with 96+ TR vs 24-48 Vanus. The Zerg redeployed and turned the pop there from 70% -30% for TR into 60%-40% for Vanu. The TR assault was utterly destroyed 30 seconds later by a wave of maxes and medics.
    By that time Mani tower was ticking at 40 seconds. Again, massive redeploy back to Mani Biolab and Tower. We saved Mani Tower literaly in the very last second.
    The TR that were beaten at Terran Crashside were all at Ymir Biolab by now and it was less than 1 minute on the clock for the lab and about 2 minutes for the alarm.
    You can guess what happend right? The whole zerg managed to redeploy before the SCU went down. 6 seconds to the end Point B was retaken and A and C contested. The SCU was repaired by 10+ engis and the generator went up again a few seconds later.

Even though it was an impressive sight to see all those vanu players working like a hive minded swarm to crush those 4 96+ attacks of the NC and TR. It was clearly the redepoly mechanics that allowed us to send a vast amount of players back and forth across the whole map, that won us the fight. If we'd been forced to use Galaxies to get around the map, we might have been able to save maybe 2 bases but not all 4.
    And yeah, this suxx. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. The only warning you'll get as the attacker is a look at the pop diagram. But it updates so slow sometimes that it still shows 1-12 enemies while 50 maxes are stomping right over your face.
    • Up x 2
  16. HadesR

Make it so redeploying to anywhere but the WG or the nearest friendly base to your location costs all your resources :)

Can then redeploy across the map if you wish .. But you can't pull Max's or Vehicles or Nades etc etc as soon as you get there ..
    Want to deploy a Max crash ? Use Gals

:p
    • Up x 1
  17. \m/SLAYER\m/

taking empty bases with overpop is ok, and defending is not?! dont understand logic - zerging 96+ empty base.. enemy see this: wow, their whole forces there, let's crush them:eek:
    don't see the problem, attack 2 bases at same time - if enemy will redeploy into one, the second will be taken anyway.
  18. QuantumSerpent

Redeploy back and forth...

It has nothing to do with overpop being OK, it has to do with effortless overpop being OK. If you want to bring in a whole platoon of Galaxies to defend a base that's under attack by 24 vs 12 defenders, fine. If you want to bring in that platoon from halfway across the map far effortlessly, not fine. Galaxies are slow and vulnerable; redeploying is neither. It just doesn't really apply as much to the attackers because even if they redeploy to the nearest base, they still have to get to the target; Sunderers can be destroyed.
    • Up x 2
  19. OldMaster80

Redeploy gives a huge advantage at no cost, it doesn't require any skill nor planning. Galaxies can be intercepted, Sunderers can be blown up, Valkyries the same. A horde redeploying to a spawn room is unstoppable.

Then as mentioned before it's pretty clear this is not working like devs expected.
    • Up x 3
  20. Tander09

lets solve this by introducing the zergs to good old BFR combat...