Reddit Update on the " Secret " New game mode.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, May 24, 2015.

1. HadesR

• Up x 2
  2. MotionBlured

First, they'll tell us what it is, then shortly after they'll tell us it's paid DLC, that way we'll complain more about the money part and skip over the poor choice of game mode they chose.
    • Up x 1
  3. LodeTria

Probably King of the Hill in some base.
    Wait....
    • Up x 1
  4. AxiomInsanity87

Infiltrator and ha mode.
  5. CipherNine

This will be most interesting update so far.

Hopefully it will bring more players back to the game while they work on resource revamp and metagame.
  6. Ballto21

CTF pls
    • Up x 2
  7. CipherNine

Nah, I think it will work like switching to alert continent does. Subbed players will have reserved slots in queue and thus will have to wait less.
  8. ExarRazor

i've said it before and i'll say it again

if a game company is implementing a new feature, and either flat out refuses to talk about said feature, or says something along the lines of 'we cant say much, but we think you'll enjoy it' the outcome of said feature is ALWAYS Disappointing. there are NO exceptions to this.

this new game mode, from the lack of public info about it, is guaranteed to suck hardcore donkey dong
    • Up x 6
  9. FateJH

My money is till on LLUs.
    (Actually, I can't say that. I'm F2P.)
  10. toast2250

• Up x 1
  11. Leftconsin

If it is CTF or Payload I'll definitely give it a shot.
  12. Scr1nRusher

How will it bring players back?
  13. RedArmy

i liked LLUs
  14. KnightCole

Screw a new game mode, put all effort into fixing resources and the meta, return some point to actually taking land.
    • Up x 4
  15. Lucidius134

How about new player experience and retention. Maybe i'll consider letting subbers farm me then.
  16. Metalspine

Why a new game mode when you already have a good one that just needs some loving and improvement. I sincerely hope Daybreak sticks to what this game does best and doesn't try to mimic mainstream FPS'. Chopping this game up into game modes sounds like a disaster.
    • Up x 3
  17. Iridar51

Game needs a competitive setting in addition to open world one. Think of it as making serversmashes easier to do.
  18. Scr1nRusher

Why does it "need" a competitive setting?

Thats not what PS2 is about. This isn't some generic 1 dimensional FPS.
    • Up x 1
  19. Regpuppy

I just wish this wasn't so vague. Does new game mode mean instanced matches, alert types, or alternate capture mechanics? I'm hoping they mean the third, but the second isn't horrible. The first is pointless though, in my opinion, since I feel there are many more games that handle small scale much better, if that's what I really wanted.

EDIT:

Oh, this comment clears it up a little.

"We're extremely sensitive to how this works and we do want feedback. To set expectations, we really need this system heavily tested and we just aren't going to get the volume we need on PTS.
    The mode will be completely optional so if folks don't enjoy it, there is nothing requiring them to play. Once we roll out the specifics, we definitely want everyone's thoughts."

and now I can't help but lose interest.
    • Up x 4
  20. CipherNine

Because plenty of players would be interested in playing large scale 128v128 sci-fi FPS without any of this population imbalance BS we have right now.
    • Up x 2