Recursion Real Time Stat Tracker - Beta is now open to the public

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exploding Fist, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Alarox

It worked, thanks.
  2. Cross

I really want that too. So much so that we have a vocal already recorded for it.

Unfortunately that information is not available in real-time... :(
  3. Exploding Fist

Looks like Google fixed their stuff. I've re-enabled it again.
  4. St0mpy

It was, but the page seems to be broken now

http://www.machine-code.com/ps2api/resourcereminder.php

it didnt go ping and needed intervention to refresh but i could open it on my 2nd monitor
  5. KALU

I cant play without the Stat tracker now! :)

I use the tracker on a second screen currently.
  6. ncDieseL

7. SNAFUS

Nicely done 00 seems I may give this a try and see how it works.
  8. Null Pointer

I just wanted to point out that this stat tracker does not modify the PS2 client, or any PS2 files, in any way whatsoever.

It also does not interact with the game running on your machine.

All of the information displayed in the tracker program and the overlay comes directly from SOE's web API census.soe.com. It's the same exact data that's shown on SOE's own players site, as well as other PS2 statistics sites.
  9. Cross

Thank you, Snafu. I imagine you will get a number of achievements. You'll probably make us have to add more air achievements in ;)

But is very much not overlaying Planet Side 2. A streaming overlay is drastically different than one that interfaces with Direct X. Please see our FAQ at https://tracker.recursion.tk/?p=c&c=faq

Last night I monitored the API values for currency ( resources ) and they did not update in real-time nor on the 5 minute ticks. If there's another way of calculating real-time resource values I am not familiar with it but would like to know how.

An outfit commander interface is on our development plan. Currently there are squad leaders in Recursion who use multiple instances of the program to monitor different players when trying various strategies.
  10. TheWhiteDragon

Recursion really needs to be more clear about why we need a login. The FAQ says it is needed for certain features. It says nothing about what those features are, or why they need to be tied to a user account on your website.
  11. Lewk

Great work on this everyone. Makes me proud of my outfit mates!
  12. Alarox

Suggestion: provide a keybinding to allow start/pause session so you can do so in-game at a moment's notice rather than needing to alt-tab.
    • Up x 1
  13. SNAFUS

Have to say this Add on is pretty cool man. Gave it a go for a few hours and really enjoyed the information it layed out along with the kill call outs. I will make sure to pass the word along for others to try this out and I do look forward to more pilot achievements.
  14. Dagonlives

I killed a BR1 and heard the API say: 'Welcome to Planetside!'. I laughed so hard I wasn't watching my character and I got killed :(.
    • Up x 3
  15. St0mpy

Sadly I dont have any other code than whats in that page, perhaps soe did shut it off moving to V2, they did mention something about it in the changelog but i was hoping there was still a way, or some new way, i simply havnt had the time to tinker or chase up the original author, shame tho that would be a nice fit for your tool.
  16. Seuchensaal

Maybe some Dev could speak up that this tool is fine to use.

Since it is not interacting with the client I see no problems... but safety first :)
  17. WaaWaa

Is there an ETA on the fix with Recursion Stat Tracker crashing PS2?
  18. Exploding Fist

Figured I'd give an update to this thread.We were offline for a bit as we rewrote most of the API code, and have allowed new registrations again for about two weeks now.

New features include:
    - Faster more efficient Real-Time updates
    - More achievements (voice call outs)
    - More configuration options (e.g. you can turn on a vocal for each kill now if you're one of those that asked for it)
    - Vehicle tracking
    - Many other updates and bug fixes

Keep in mind, while this application has a lot of features for streamers, the core functionality is designed to be used by non-streamers.
    • Up x 1
  19. Exploding Fist

To show off the new stuff, here is a video recorded by Radlock of a Recursion op where he is using the Stat Tracker with stream overlay (again, this is not required).

Here is a screen shot of the recent tracker client showing the classes of your opponants in the event feed. It will also show you the vehicles they were in if applicable:

[IMG]
  20. Gammit

I can't wait to try this. Though to be sure, I will likely run it on a laptop or other nearby computer and not on my gaming computer until we get an official "it's safe" from SOE.