[Suggestion] Recon Jamming etc.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Destroyer0370

I mentioned in the past regarding "Jamming pole", such as it Jamming down the "recon pole(motion spotter)"+"recon dart" Half their recon range or like that.

How about Recon jamming device to make the recon pole+recon dart, jams them to make them Update on their second pulse? So their uptade is not every 1 second, but every 2 second (IF a jamming device is in range of them).

2. Can you make it we get Expereince for people using the Sunder console/panel? Afterall we drive the thing to where needed and people use to to spawn and switch classes/equiptment.

3. Can you also make a person invulnerable when spawn, and only become vulnerable with any movement(i.e. aiming gun/firing gun/moving character)?

4. Deployed RADAR vehicles, Can you make the ANT Vehicle, and/or otherwise(othe vehicles like sunder) deploy with a Vehicle Radar and it update movement on the map of vehicles, with each radar sweep, i.e. every 5 seconds? Also make RADAR Jammers to counter this, by deploying the same vehicles, either making them update twice as much, or their Radar range reduced to half(depending on Jammer distance from RADAR).
  2. Destroyer0370

Also adding that...

Vehicles that are detected by radar, depending on the kind they are, will have different symbol on the mini map and on the heads up display screen.

i.e. Ground vehicles can show up as a "SQUARE", and planes show up as a "TRIANGLE" both on Mini map and HUD.

NOTE...Stealth vehicles are unaffected by RADAR, or make it they have to be fairly up close to be detected by vehicle radar.

Furthermore...perhaps make auto detect do this as well,if you near a vehicle without stealth
  3. Doc Jim

The first CoD Black Ops game multiplayer had a deployable jammer that would not only jam equipment but also completely scramble the minimap.

I quite like the idea of jammers and I would like to see something similar to the Black Ops jammer, if jammers ever make it into this game. Let them scramble the minimal entirely for any enemy in their range, no more player icons, no more vehicle icons, no more capture points, not even the map itself, just static. Obviously jammers should not disable equipment in this game as that is the domain of the EMP.
  4. Demigan

Rather than a deployable, make it an activateable ability for LA and Infiltrator (the flanking classes). Once active it shuts out enemy minimap or perhaps creates many false images. Ofcourse the player would get some warning he's being jammed to prevent undue frustration.

That way you don't get passive "now you can't see us" type of situations with Doc Jim's idea's.

Otherwise I don't think that halving the pollingtime is going to be much effective. Once every 2 seconds will help a little, but not enough.
  5. LaughingDead

I really bloody hate how reliant the game is on the spotters.

Light assaults don't exactly always get their flank on when it's just a closed room in which the entire platoon really only needs one infil, I find it both silly and stupid how much ground one infil can cover with spotting. In arena based games this wasn't much of an issue because of the limited player count, but in a game where you can easily see 100v100 fights having one infil on each team spot everyone is rather dumb.

But that isn't what I hate about the class, more so the effectiveness.
    In this game, first shot matters a ****ton, while you do have leway to make an escape in some situations because of the higher TTK average it still isn't great when any flank made by anyone is completely negated by a motion spotter going out a 50radius circle when bases on average are 100 meters across.

A jammer device or something similar would be a nice reciprocation, however in the larger scale of things there should be more interaction between the two objects because having a back and forth between spotter and jammer who beats who isn't exactly fun. Kind of like lib verses skyguards in which you have AA tank verses tank busting aircraft except in this context the latter would have to completely exclude the other. In which I mean if you do have a jammer then you'd have to completely exclude the spotter but then everyone would simply run a jammer and no one would run a spotter because unlike libs and skyguards, in which there are other vehicles that play on that interaction, however when it comes to jammers and spotters, nothing else really matters because you are either spotted or not spotted, no inbetweens.

If the jammer only works in a short mobile range between one infil and maybe 5-10 meters out, that would work because you aren't completely nullifying the spotter, the spotter does get value in spotting everyone else outside of the small protective bubble you generate, not only that but you would also have a more inclusive interaction between one class and the rest of the platoon and maybe bump the numbers up for the sake of having more infils would let more of your platoon walk around without being spotted.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

would be cool if empgrenades would affect vehicleradar or some general vehiclesystems like stealth or emergencyrepair f.e.
    • Up x 1