[BUG] Recon Device 6 not giving ammo?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Dizzle22, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Dizzle22

I'm not sure how best to report a minor bug like this, and I seem to be limited in where I can post as a new forum user, so I'll put this here. Also, not sure if this is a commonly known issue or not, but if it was I would think a fix would be quick and easy, so I'm assuming it's not.

I recently spent the 1000 certs on Recon Detection Device 6, and at that level it's advertised in the description and the UI of having 1/5 ammo capacity (it also says this on the wiki). But in the actual game, I still only have the 1/4 ammo that I had with the level 5 certification.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug that was overlooked?

Thanks in advance
  2. Doc Jim

It's not so much a bug as two different ways of presenting information on the screen.

The auto granted Recon Detection Device 1 - let's just call it RDD1 - comes with two darts, one loaded and one in reserve.
    Both the RDD2 and RDD3 upgrades do not change the reserve capacity at all, they only change the scan rate and linger time of the active dart.
    RDDs 4, 5 and 6 all add one further reserve dart, bringing the total up to 1 loaded dart and 4 reserve darts.

The numbers you see in the bottom right corner of the screen while playing represent [ loaded ammo / reserve ammo ].
    This makes the "/" somewhat misleading. Consider it to be a "+" instead.

The numbers you see in the character menu at terminals shows 1/5 for the RDD6 and would show 1/2 for the RDDs 1, 2 and 3.
    Here the "/" is to be understood as a "/". [ magazine size / maximum total ammo ]

To give an other example for this descrepancy, let's take the VS' Ghost. The magazine size is 5 and the maximum total ammo is 40. The terminal menu shows this information as 5/40 while the ammo counter in game play shows this as 5/35 because the first 5 rounds are already loaded.

TLDR: not a bug.
  3. Dizzle22

Okay, that makes sense I guess. My biggest confusion was how its represented when you hover over the tool in your inventory. I never realized before that display was different than the in game ammo counter. I never really paid much attention to the whole mag/pool size thing until the dart gun, I guess.

They probably could have made the UI a little clearer, but I guess that's true of a lot of things in this game. Even the wiki is not 100% clear on the max ammo total, but now that I understand their line of thinking I get it.

Thanks for the explanation.