Recent Performance Issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RedArmy, Aug 23, 2015.

1. RedArmy

So i stopped playing the game 06/10/2015 and came back around beginning of august, no major patches and i was already here for the cpu threading patch for several weeks with no issues. but now suddenly my computer runs very hot while playing this game. every other game is just as quiet as ever, no problems. But in PS2 it seems my CPU and GPU running alot louder and hotter than normal. is it just me? maby it happens to coincide just with Windows10, im still using windows 7 and i wont upgrade. and ive tried killing GWX.exe both in registry and files themselves, they wont die. maby that file in the background with PS2? im not sure... Either way it used to run perfect never getting over 52c even on high, now i can hear it over my headphones even on medium - anyone else having symilar issues?
    computer specs posted in sig
  2. user101

PS2 is back to breaking the sound barrier with fans, with heat & lag just like the old days. Windows 10 may not help this... you can always cut down on the number of sound channels that always helps. I have been watching the CPU time go up little by little with each update. Fore me it use to be about 25% on 3 processors now its more like 33% most of the time.
  3. RedArmy

one reason i quit playing back than and will again shortly.
    the other reason is ive got a pile of unplayed PS4 games that look at me with sad faces as i spend all my time n PC
  4. RedArmy

So i found disabling the sound on my GPU with the HDMI passthru that it helped keep it a lil quieter
  5. Skiptrace

One of the main problems is, you are using an AMD GPU and CPU. A. Those things will scream like banshees when they are under high load. and B. This game uses the Nvidia PhysX Engine for all Physics calculations, and AMD GPU's can't process the PhysX calculations with the speed of an Nvidia GPU, because you can't install the PhysX drivers for an AMD GPU, so they use a gimped driver for PhysX, so that's one of the main reasons why your performance is suffering in Planetside 2. I get a constant 60 - 80 sometimes even 90 FPS even in 64x64x64 man battles with tanks and aircraft. Even with my GTX 560 GPU and my Intel Core i5-4460 CPU. It's all about the hardware manufacturer for this game, and Intel + Nvidia are king in this game.
  6. RedArmy

played the game just fin under higher things for the last three years without any issues - my post was about recent patches that may have changed settings or how things run - your comment is invalid -