Recent Loss of Scope Reticles

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by magirken, Jan 17, 2016.

1. magirken

Hi, in the last few days I've noticed that the zoomed-in scope targeting reticles in-game are just missing, they're no visible at all. I was wondering if anyone else was having a similar issue or had any insight as to why this may be happening.

I have a theory it may be related to updating to the latest AMD drivers, but I haven't tested this yet. (I'm running an HD 7870).

Any assistance or info would be appreciated.

mag
  2. magirken

Anyone?
  3. RainbowDash9

depends what you mean. ive had my entire reflex sight disappear but thats cuz i went ads through a teleporter and it was lagging :eek:
  4. magirken

No, this is constant. Laser sight beams don't appear, scope reticles, and now I've noticed my Heavy's nanoweave armor effect isn't showing either.

I'm about to revert back to an older AMD driver and see if that helps, I'll report my findings.
  5. magirken

Well, reverting back to the previous version of AMD drivers did not fix the issue. Neither did switching from High to Ultra display settings.
  6. Pfundi

Validated game files?
  7. magirken

Actually just did that, no change.
  8. Pfundi

Thats weird... Do you have the time to reinstall it clean?
  9. magirken

I do, but I don't really want to. But that is the next logical step I guess. I'll report back.
  10. Txirla

Surely it's not your problem.
    After the last patch, anything can happen.
  11. magirken

Well, just finished reinstalling the game and still no scope, laser, or some force field effects. Gotta be something in the patch right?
  12. magirken

Well, I found a fix for my issue. I changed the Render Quality to 98% and everything is fine now. Weird.
  13. Pandora's Lunchbox

Are you using AMD's Catalyst Control Centre in order to manage graphics across all of your applications? Open it up and make sure you set it to allow other applications to govern their own graphics attributes. Perhaps when you updated it, it reset these settings to something other than what works?
  14. Pandora's Lunchbox

It could also have something to do with the recent 1/14 bug patch. Perhaps leave it until a fix for that has been established and then see if it also fixes your problem? Thereafter, you could bring it back here, if it does not.
  15. Lord_Mogul

Try deleting/renaming your UserOptions.ini to revert back to default settings.

When the game starts up it will recreate it.
    If the reticles are fine then, start changing to your usual settings one-by-one. If one of the changes brings back the issue you find the reason for your issues.

Also reset your driver config to default to make sure there is nothing that messes it up.
    Could be something about the Catalyst-AI stuff. read some time ago that that kann mass up quite some things.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pandora's Lunchbox

It does - it's useless as an application other than for seeing your core temperatures and whatnot...