Recent Changes?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TheAntiFish, Jul 18, 2014.

1. TheAntiFish

Hi, i used to play this quite a lot, but as 6 months ago my decent PC died so did my planetside career.

I would generally play Infil 70-90% of the time, and the update i was waiting on (It came out a week after my bloody computer died on me) was the one including the other type of cloak... Anyway before i start rambling on about how i'm getting a better PC in the forseeable future.. I'll get to the point.

What's changed since i've been gone? I'm aware there are some Sniper rifles, the new cloak thing came out, but what else?

What did i miss basically? Has anything significantly reduced infil lifespan? Changes for the better/worse etc.

(I Know i could go and read a sh*tload of other forum posts to find this stuff out, but i'd appreciate the clarity of a response to a direct question.)
  2. Scudmungus

I'm sure someone will come along with better data and until then..

Off the top of my head:

- Implants have been added. Run on energy, gained from doing stuff/killing folks.
    - Motion Spotter. Deployable static motion detector. Doesn't show pulses/up on enemy map until they are close.
    - Medics got a Shield regen boosting field/bubble deployable.

Stalker cloak? Was that here 6months ago? Hmm also can't recall when they changed knife damage (Commie+Knife now requires an extra hit to secure the kill.)

Oh and Hossin.
  3. cruczi

Darklight flashlights. All standard flashlights highlight cloaked infiltrators and cloaked Flashes within a short distance. This was provided mostly as a counter to Stalker cloakers who can stay cloaked indefinitely.

Apart from that, it's mostly improvements and additions.
    • The addition of the Stalker cloak introduced the option to play super stealthily, but non-Stalker infils are still the same as before
    • The motion spotter is a nice tool, definitely worth using
    • Along with the new ES infiltrator weapons, the Crossbow was added, and it's available to all classes, but mostly relevant to Stalker infiltrators since it's a silent weapon that meshes well with the staying-out-of-sight business
    • The crossbow has a detect bolt ammo type available which serves a similar purpose to recon darts but the bolts are more short lived and cover a much smaller area
    • The crossbow explosive bolt ammo type allows infiltrators to damage heavy vehicles, but the damage is almost negligibly small; it's mostly semi-effective against MAXes
    • Transitions between different cloak states (sprint, walk, still, crouched) were improved
    • Cloaking while staying still and crouched enables the deep cloak state which makes you almost impossible to detect without Darklight (not sure if deep cloak existed earlier)
    • Nano Armor Cloak's early levels were buffed, but the final level has the same stats as before
    • EMP grenades were fixed (mostly?)
    • Many of the new implants are relevant to Infiltrator play: EOD HUD will display AI mines in the HUD from a safe distance; EMP shield greatly reduces the effects of EMP grenades; Regeneration can greatly improve survivability of lone Infiltrators who carry AI mines instead of medkits; Counter-Intelligence will tell you when you're spotted so you know to cloak immediately; Safe Landing can expand your escape route options, you can jump off of the top floor of a tower base, for example
    • New pistols will be out soon
    Oh, and there's a new character quiz that allows you to choose a free weapon from a set of predetermined choices. Can't remember what the infiltrator choices were..
    • Up x 2
  4. DatVanuMan

They were the bolt-action rifles. The SAS, the Ghost, and the Tsar.
  5. TheAntiFish

Damn, i was hoping they'd forget to implement Darklight.

Well thanks for the info, doesn't get much clearer than that!
  6. CuteBeaver

Radar detection changed. Scout radar (ESF + Flash) can no longer pick your signature up so long as you don't move, or only crouch walk. Normal walking speed and sprinting will show you on enemy mini maps as per normal. The implant Sensor Shield will allow you to walk undetected but not sprint.

Cloak and reload bug exists where your ammo clip becomes glossy after reload in deep cloak. Shift / wiggle to fix . NS - COMMY / UBOSS and XBOW are exempt from this bug. Faction specific pistols and all weapons have issues to varying degrees.

Nanoweave was changed so it no longer protects users from headshots and sniper rifles have a distance where they cannot OHK based on their designated range limits.

Silenced weapons generally speaking don't show on the mini map, and weapons with silencers will not provide an auto spot when victims use awareness. (Debate on weapons like the crossbow - which are silent but don't have a silencer if this is working correctly. Knifes show up as example even though they are silent)

Kill Cone displays to your victim which direction they were killed from. Non silenced weapons provide victims with a direct red line to your location on death screen mini map. Silenced weapons give them a red cone with some jitter to make finding you more difficult.

Knife damage was lowered, but bypasses Nanoweave entirely dealing exactly 500 damage. Knife damage also bypasses HA resist shield and our NAC.

Wraith Flash changes to how it handles. Some jumps are no longer possible, but you can get off and boomerang the flash to come back to your location allowing for some interesting dismount combat. Just take care not to run yourself over. XD

A few movement based changes resulting in jittery aim on cliffs. You can't ADS while airborn now either.

EMP's cannot explode friendly explosives like they used to be able to do.
    • Up x 1