reCaptcha

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Silkensmooth

Why do we need this? I sometimes have to go through 3 pages of pictures to log into this forum. Are there really so many bots. Is it OMG the RUSSIANS are hacking our forums?
    • Up x 1
  2. JibbaJabba

Sometimes I struggle with it so much I have an existential crisis and start wondering if maybe I'm a bot.
  3. Silkensmooth

Or a RUSSIAN.
  4. JibbaJabba

OMG I'm a Russian???
  5. tommyrocket

Prevention is what it is. It may be a pain sometimes, but it's worth it in the long run. There are other more popular games out there that have this and still manage to have bots on their forums. (Path of Exile for example)
  6. FateJH

People have problems with solving the reCaptcha? They're basic visual recognition tests.
  7. Silkensmooth

Its not so much a problem with solving it. It's just a hassle to do on a forum where maybe 20 people post. Where are the bots we are so afraid of? The RUSSIANS are at it again. Must be Trump's fault.
  8. FateJH

See, the reCaptcha works.
    • Up x 1
  9. Silkensmooth

yeah there never were any bots.
  10. Campagne

It's not for us PlanetSiders, it's for DBG's other, more popular forums.
  11. Ulviirala

Can we please not have reCAPTCHA? I'm tired of feeling treated like the stupid primate that I am, I'm REALLY tired of selecting little squares with fire hydrants or cars, I'm also tired of typing words from 3 different audio clips. This BS is getting fracking insane.

Can I please prove that I'm human ONCE and not EVERY SINGLE TIME that I want to (or need to) log in somewhere? I don't think I'll become a robot any time soon, or even a cyborg in ANY capacity one would hope.

I'm already at the point where I just pass on things I don't REALLY want to have, just because they want me to solve this garbage. And I honestly almost passed on paying for the most expensive PS2 choice, a single month of membership (which with the game in this state, definitely won't renew) because I thought I'd play a lot more... for a month.

"COME ON YOU APES, DO YOU WANT TO STAY LOGGED IN FOREVER?" - reCAPTCHA (some stupid and far-fetched Starship Troopers reference)