[RECAP] Friday Night Ops - Episode 61

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]

This week on Friday Night Ops Episode 61
    • Hosted by Luperza
    • News, Announcements and What's New: Community Manager, RadarX, joins us to talk about all things PlanetSide 2 for this week.
    • Outfit Spotlight: TrueDanny joins us LIVE while we do an outfit spotlight on Validus Gamers

Where:
    When: 03/07/2014 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: Mattherson
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @PlanetSide2, and @PurrfectStorm

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
    • Up x 4
  2. NinjaTurtle

Can I recommend this video for highlighting on FNO. Very funny :D

3. Luperza Community Manager

Probably can't due to the "d ******" dealio. :(
  4. blueangleofdeath

LOL it's indar acres!! Indar acres is the place to be!! Quick someone get Radarx an amish hat lol. I dare both of you to show up to work dressed up like that and with rake in hand.What is Radar's real name again? What is Tony?
    • Up x 1
  5. Luperza Community Manager

LOL! I don't know about the outfit dealio, but yep, his name is Tony. :)
    • Up x 1
  6. DistantPower

Won't deny that picture looks like a still, taken out of the film 'The Village'. So I assume SOE are a cult that permits no one to leave the building. ;)

I fear for the Dear Leader of VG.
    • Up x 1
  7. HadesR

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. Godsmangamer

in game outfit name anyone;) this outfit dealio
    had to be said. horrid pun, I know but still it had to be said.
  9. Ash87

Can I submit a questions early?

Question:
    The community has been told that artillery is not going to be a thing, because it would mean there would be more ways to kill people with indirect fire, which the team wishes to avoid. This is inconsistent with the implementation of the Orbital strike. Could it be elaborated on, why Orbital strike does not qualify as "Indirect fire that cannot be avoided" but artillery does?

Question:
    Will we ever get a means of area denial, that allows the players to efficiently deny people an approach? Currently, because of the cost of mines, it is too expensive and wasteful to try and mine up a road in a way that people would be delayed in any way. Will mechanics be introduced that will make it easier to block approaches or slow approaches via certain paths?
  10. N0man

Finally Outfit Spotlight on fno \o/
    WDS thingy was boring to watch.
    I hope Lupe will show some recruiting outfit videos! If not - I quit ;_;
  11. navudgermany

Is that realy so exciting ? WTF?
  12. cawsking555

[Question] when will the lag spikes get fixed on Amerish from 90 to over 900000
  13. NinjaTurtle

Great show tonight. Proverbs was brilliant, really good leader and a fun guy..... shame he's not Waterson VS :(

Would be cool to see more outfit leaders like him on in the future
    • Up x 1
  14. VSDerp

NNG had fun going for VG. GG to ya !
    • Up x 2
  15. Luperza Community Manager

Recap will be up on YouTube next week after it's approved by legal. For now, check out the Twitch TV broadcast! http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/ c/3845404
    ----

Yes, I will have more outfit recruitment videos so long as people keep submitting them. ;) Tonight was a little special as VGProverbs joined us live, so I thought it'd be nice to dedicate the whole stream to Validus Gamers. Plus, they had quite a show planned for us.

Glad you all enjoyed tonight's stream! More outfit spotlights to come. :D
    • Up x 2
  16. FischiPiSti

OMG dat secret intelligence service technique at 1:12:xx, SOE, support that officially, its awesome!
    • Up x 1
  17. N0man

PS2 Europe not getting enough spot lights and we had FNO without outfit recruitment videos for two monts now. HOPE next friday will bw full of it! :)
  18. Regpuppy

I don't mind some outfit spotlights, but I prefer the information I was able to glean from previous FNO's. A few words on base design or systems from Malorn(or insert other dev here) is worth a lot more to me than seeing gameplay that I could preferably experience myself.
    • Up x 1
  19. Luperza Community Manager

It can be difficult to get EU outfits involved in PS2FNO as it's not really during their primetime. It's much better to do pre-recorded sessions with them, BUT I definitely have contacted some EU outfits, so we'll see. :)

I'm going through the queue in the order players submitted them.

Don't worry! We'll still have Developers on. Personally, I find that Panels have been much better for information than watching them try to play and answer questions at the same time.
  20. Luperza Community Manager

YouTube RECAP is up! :)