[RECAP] Friday Night Ops - Episode 55

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

1. bodmans

dear player(of whom I think is either dutch(like me), belgian or south african),

Do you not like having to actually aim to do damage? and have you tested them on the PTS? because right now, the lock stays during the reload if you keep your target in the reticule. which means that every 4 seconds, you can shoot a missile. thats an ESF down in 14 seconds provided he didn't flare.

and the coyote isnt fire and forget, you actually have to aim the weapon for it to be effective and do damage.

Furthermore, how can you compare Deci and JH?

and like Jamaaw quoted, you agreed on these changes the moment you signed up or bought them
  2. RyanGUK

Any word on FNO? I thought it would've started by now, judging by my mighty time converter from PT to GMT? :p

OH WAIT ITS THURSDAY NIGHT ISNT IT? LOL DERP.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jaedrik

GAH, I can't believe how I this didn't come up in my mind until now. I've been waiting for it forever, APEX 2014 going on this Friday I don't know if I'll watch FNO live :(
    Oh well, it's just pools :)
    But I wanna support my Smash brothers :(
    Hnnngh
    • Up x 1
  4. Date

Maybe after this ops you can add a new item to the game, "Luperza's Pillow" - drops like an ammo pack but for medics and slowly regenerates health over time maybe 2-5% of what the heal gun does (useful for people that don't run heal items or have run out of them and useful for medics who have another way to heal besides being directly on the front line always.

Just a funny thought I had after seeing you stay up all night on the forums keeping the masses from panicking over the "gateway issue" it's hard to believe you will think about anything but sleep during this ops, you might even fall asleep lol :)

You really deserve your own item in the game to go along with the "Higby Fab Helmet" and "Tramell Jersey Camo" hehe. I actually kinda appreciated the downtime cause sometimes the game feels a little monotonous but not being able to play helps me feel how much I really enjoy it. PS2 might be the best game period atm imho.

Anyway gl with the show it is really enjoyable to watch as a player and I think it brings a lot of new people to the game I've seen tons of level 1s the last few weeks and try to send them a welcome to the game tell when I kill one or am killed by one! Since probably they are not ready to play the Sen7rygun Solitaire side game yet ;), keep up the good work the fan base can only grow with the help of such a great community manager.
    • Up x 2
  5. Kaale

you didn't have to crash the servers to get viewers :)
    • Up x 2
  6. Lucidius134

Mommunist Manifesto here

Good stream!

The level design thing bit was fun!
    • Up x 2
  7. Jonesing25

Very fun FNO this week. The new Amerish is looking like so much fun. I especially enjoyed voting on base designs.
    • Up x 1
  8. Luperza Community Manager

Thank you everyone! RECAP is up on the original post! Check it out and let me know what you think about it. :)
    • Up x 2
  9. RyanGUK

Only problem I had with tonight, no fan spam! That was really cool last week, hope it comes back next week. Otherwise awesome show, props to Clegg the Pebblelord for doing all that so fast.
    • Up x 1
  10. Orcawhale20

Ya know I honestly though facility design was a much more...intricate and complicated process. That there, was just putting walls on things and copy pasting buildings. No skill or degree required for that stuff.
  11. AdmiralArcher

it was great lups, you and clegg work well together, although i do miss whisenhunt and you,

also, i am banned for some reason on PS2 twitch so i was trying to tweet to you and clegg, but to no avail

i really enjoyed tonights stream, much more informative than the previous ones, watching outfits play is fun, but many of their questions are not answered. with these level design sections, there isnt anything ''classified'' to discuss, although i would like to see the art people on, or the gun people on and talk about how they go about modeling and what they are up to.

as for the QA section, i thought it was well done, but to be honest, having wrel in the stream is better since he can keep scourge in check, scourge is good player but it seems like his comments are a little bit too self serving when there isnt someone there to point that out. these guys need to not only offer their opinion but also provide feedback in regards to what the other players are saying, not just what the ''Top players'' want, because its often different, because they are really the only pipeline to the devs such as yourself and kevmo where ideas can be discussed actively its important for them to be more impartial.

its not massively noticable so it doesnt need to be addressed yet, just something to think about

and because parts of my ideas relate directly to you, and further player-->dev involvement here is a thread that you shoudl check out if you get the chance
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/lets-make-a-difference.168146/

thanks luperza, it was a great stream tonight :D
    • Up x 1
  12. CreepyRiddler

I thought this episode was so entertaining! Awesome QnA at the start and it was really great to watch Clegg making a base from scratch, you two work really well together :) pls moar ^_^
    • Up x 1
  13. NinjaTurtle

Great show, best in a long time, not that the others aren't good but this was a bit more special.

The discussion panel at the start was great but the segment with Clegg was incredible. Seeing that kind of behind the scenes stuff is really interesting and I would love to see some more of that in the future. Maybe next time we could see a dev working on a base on Hossin :D

More Clegg please
    • Up x 1
  14. Rockit

Clegg is a closet natural. I saw he and Xander host several hours of a marathon arcade run at the lounge and he did fantastic.
    • Up x 1
  15. Crashsplash

Yea, he's good, and I saw you get a shout out too :p
  16. Rockit

Haha yeah. I don't really play anymore but I keep up with the happenings in hopes the game has a breakthrough moment that makes me want to hop back in. I think pretty much everything is hinging on PS4 at this point and I don't own one but I do realize how important it does well on that platform for us PC guys.
  17. Bvenged

That WASP Inc. video you showed is OOOOLD, and you called us oppressive TR scum!

:p

I think it was made in April or May? Perhaps even before Indar Lattice.

Luckily we haven't changed our values since then. We're still a dedicated combined arms outfit, still conducting daily operations and sessions, still putting teamwork and tactics above all else - but we're bigger, more experienced and capable than before.

Newer video here, it was recorded all in a week of play (Infantry perspective video):

- I think LordMondando already linked it to you on twitter though.

Thanks for the spotlight regardless, Luperza. It's appreciated.
  18. TRNCVS

I just watched this episode and it is my favorite one. Please do more of these where you are talking with the community about changes and then level/map design. It would be nice to have FNO a player/dev thing where everyone can have input on game design and have an impact on the places where we are going to fight.
  19. AMARDA

You are right in that anyone can copy and paste a whole bunch of stuff, however it takes skill and creativity to make something look and feel good. That tool set is really powerful, and most bases take 20+ hours to do.