[RECAP] Friday Night Ops - Episode 55

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]

This week on Friday Night Ops Episode 55
    • [00:09:28] Intro: Hosted by Luperza
    • [00:13:00] Player Discussion Panel: Discussing ESF changes with Game Designer Kevin Moyer and player guests.
    • [01:05:00] New! Shadow a Dev Segment: Amerish base design implementation with Adam Clegg

Where:

When: 1/17/2014 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: None
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @PlanetSide2, and @PurrfectStorm

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
    • Up x 8
  2. NinjaTurtle

Woo, so pleased Clegg is back on. The pics so far released from the Amerish revamp look awesome. It's always been my favourite continent but no one else seems to like fighting there, hopefully this will change that.

Fingers and toes crossed the new Interlink facility is included in revamp :D
    • Up x 6
  3. blueangleofdeath

Glad to see another game designer on for discussion and Adam doing a design bit? AWESOM!! To Ninjaturtle yeah they are also doing lattice in the revamp as well.

EDIT: Cool picture btw. I want to point out that they would look so much better if they had a pilot in the seat and why isn't there any scythes?
    • Up x 3
  4. Luperza Community Manager

Yeah, IDK. This is an old photo that I just grabbed. I tried to find one with all the ESFs, but my fast search provided no results, so I just went with this one. :)
    • Up x 1
  5. bodmans

Will be looking forward to this one, ESF update, clegg and maybe our newly submitted recruitment vid

on a side note, when I got some spare time that I'm not devoting to playing PS2, I'm gonna work on my grim reaper's body to fully finish it
    • Up x 1
  6. NinjaTurtle

Yeah I know lattice is coming to Amerish I was talking about the new Interlink facility currently only on Hossin, I'm hoping that gets added to Amerish in the revamp because that base is very nice.

I seem to remember someone from SOE saying that all continents will have one, whether that's changed or whether I made that up because I was hoping for it I can't yet decide :p
  7. Arclegger Level Designer

I'm really excited! :D
    • Up x 9
  8. MuldoonX9 Developer

This is awesome!
    • Up x 4
  9. Blarg20011

Oh no, I'll be stuck in... Camas, WA when this happens. WHY?
  10. Luperza Community Manager

No worries! I'll have the recap up right after the show is done if you miss it. :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Blarg20011

But watching it live is so much more entertaining, the chatroll is at least 15% of the entertainment value.
    • Up x 2
  12. Luperza Community Manager

I definitely agree! The PlanetSide 2 Twitch chat is fun. :) Always good times chatting with everyone. New people always join and they are amazed at how well behaved and helpful everyone is.
    • Up x 1
  13. CAMIKAZE78

Look forward to tuning in :)
    • Up x 2
  14. Loui5D

Are you planning on going on any servers in particular or is it just going to be a spur of the moment thing?
  15. blueangleofdeath

Are you going to also be on the show Alex (Muldoon)?
  16. antiheld84

"Player Discussion Panel: Discussing ESF changes with Game Designer Kevin Moyer and player guests."

Hi Luperza, the change of the A2A missile from a lock on fire&forget to a bad lock on & hold lock missile pisses me really off. I can understand balancing issues and fixes, but this makes it totally different weapon. One, that the most players don't want, because it lacks any sense. And simultaneously you introduce an new fire & forget weapon ... urghs! Now i feel, like the my previously purchased weapons have a best-before date mark and that's make me kind of angry! I didn't like what you did to the Decimator (the new damage is a joke), compared to the Jackhammer and it continues to increase.

I don't want my money back, i want the knowledge that a weapon stays basically like it was introduced.

I will not leave PS2, but i won't buy anything for cash until this weapon deflation stops.
  17. Jaedrik

I checked Mr. Moyer's twitter, he hasn't posted since 2012!
    I'm looking forward to seeing his input as a game designer this Friday, on ESF changes that is!
    • Up x 1
  18. Luperza Community Manager

In regards to this, we are constantly trying to make certain our game is as balanced as we can make it, so changes to items may occur which is unfortunate to those who like the way something is before a change.

The best thing you can do is to continue to let us know what you like and dislike. I will say that the post that you made above is not very constructive. I know exactly what you're trying to say, but it's how you say that really matters too. Be respectful to Development Team and be concise about what you want and why you want it. :)

As mentioned in the original post, we will not be joining any servers tonight.
  19. Jaamaw

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

You further acknowledge that SOE can and will, in its discretion, modify features, functions or abilities of any element of the Game, which may, among other things, make any Paid Content (defined below) or any aspect of its Game, such as items, powers, abilities, gifts, experience, experience points, coins and Station Cash (collectively, "Virtual Goods") substantially more or less effective or functional, or less effective or functional, or more common or less common. SOE may add, modify, remove, replace, eliminate and reintroduce such aspects from the Game at any time and at its sole discretion. YOU PROMISE, THEREFORE, THAT YOU WILL NEVER ASSERT OR BRING ANY CLAIM OR SUIT AGAINST SOE OR ITS LICENSORS OR LICENSEES...

You agreed 100% to what is happening.
  20. Nepau

How about this for a Mass of ESF?