RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 40

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]

This week on Friday Night Ops:
    • Hosts: Margaret "Luperza" Krohn and Tom "Noxx" from the ReachCastShow
    • Player Spotlight: 1st place Ultimate Squad Showdown winners Future Crew
    • Hossin & ESF Discussion: with hosts, special guests Future Crew and Aetrion
    • Outfit Spotlights: Vanu Drop Squad on Waterson
    • Outfit Recruitment Video Spotlights: Videos will be played throughout the show. ;)
    • Special Video Spotlight: Video will be played throughout the show. ;)
    Don't forget to redeem your "EQNVEHICLEDECAL" code!!

Where:

When: 08/09/2013 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: Waterson
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @PlanetSide2 and @PurrfectStorm

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
    • Up x 1
  2. blueangleofdeath

WOOO!! GO VDRS!!! We're going to drop the house!! Get ready everybody! Polish the guns and armor for a fantastic night!!

Love the picture and VS is an awesome dino!!
    • Up x 1
  3. Kalee-J

Nice, I was beginning to wonder if we would have an FNO. Now, there is renewed meaning to my life. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  4. newtis

nice one!
    • Up x 1
  5. Jaloro

Looking forward to this one. If I may I have a couple of tips:

a) Make sure Noxx gets a good nights sleep. Not entirely sure how you do this tbh.
    b) Play the 3 or 4 minutes of Higby wrestling with Powerpoint from the Keynote. Truly the comedic highlight of last weekend :)
    • Up x 1
  6. AuntLou42

Perfect time to reveal the remaining results of the Showdown!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  7. blueangleofdeath

I'm completely embarrassed to be in the outfit that is spotlighted after seeing it in the show.
  8. CuteBeaver

I'm not.

I mean this is VDRS, how many platoons did we have running 4? We had such a fantastic time sweeping through Amerish during the alert while the interview was taking place. Everyone was super happy and celebrating at the warpgate when Maggie arrived. Getting 200 people to calm down is next to impossible.

Now consider that also our outfit is known for shenanigans.

We are a fun loving outfit. I understand your disappointment but tonight's show wasn't anything truly horrible. I'ts not like we failed in taking an objective and got absolutely destroyed for all to see. I think we are the only outfit that never got a fight at all during an entire FNO. Any enemies that did stick around when they saw us coming were just farming from the spawn room for certs. Its unfortunate that FNO didn't get to see carnage that happened only 30 minutes prior during the alert.

I am not ashamed to be a member of VDRS. I am glad that the outfit had a fun time on FNO, and turned a potentially boring situation into a memorable one. Some might say its not memorable for the right reasons, but the fact is we made people laugh and thats nothing to be ashamed of. There is a wealth of youtube videos showing our smaller scale ops in action.

We didn't magically create footage for the FNO recruitment video out of thin air. I think there is a difference between playing PS2, and putting on a good show. VDRS just has to figure out a way to manage a very large group of people who are super excited, and who are mostly casual players while still showcasing the strengths of our highly trained red squads. Waiting at the warpgate was probably a mistake as people lost their focus and went into party mode.

I'm not going to let the actions of casual people having a good time bring me down or make me feel ashamed. Instead I am going to focus on better ways to channel their positive energy into something more constructive and equally fun for everyone involved.
    • Up x 2
  9. Luperza Community Manager

For sure CuteBeaver. :p I'm sure that was not a normal night as NotYourBro stated. Y'all were just super excited and having fun. I personally would have just liked to see you guys and gals in action, defeating enemies. :) Was still a great time nonetheless. Hehe.
    • Up x 1
  10. blueangleofdeath

After thinking it over and all you and beaver are right. It was a very fun night for us and we are really good at what we despite what the video shows. I over reacted, sorry. It was pretty fun S1ing the camera I'll admit.

We flatten anything in our way.

On a show note, it was hard to hear you on the mic in the show and on teamspeak most of the time Maggie :(
  11. senorblanco

Good recap on SOE Live, interesting discussion on ESF's and Noxx tie looked great, keep it up.
    • Up x 1
  12. Luperza Community Manager

Recap is up! :) Don't forget to redeem the Everquest Next decal!! Use the code EQNVEHICLEDECAL. :D
  13. blueangleofdeath

Sweet!! Grab the decal and stick on your flash!! It looks really good on a flash;)
    • Up x 1
  14. DukeFlash

Don't suppose someone could post a screenshot of the decal before I use the code?
    (I'm assuming only one character can redeem it, so... )
  15. InMedeasRage

In hindsight, we should have asked you or someone with a dev cam to join a platoon within the company command structure about an hour or two hours before the interview started.
  16. \°•ζ•Я•Ĩ•M•°/

I'm sad I missed that one. I watched the recorded video on twitch though! So you guys didn't kill a lot of people. It looks like you guys had fun, and that's all that matters. What's the point of this game if you're not gonna have fun?
  17. ReconTeemo

18. CuteBeaver

I think my favorite part of that FNO was when the one little TR LA , C4'd a huge pile of magriders trying to stack on top of each other like pringles. That was one happy TR. I kinda wish we could see his face IRL. Probably would be something like:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. blueangleofdeath

I think that was also my favorite part of FNO. He was problably thinking "I'm going to crumble this stack of magrider flavored pringles" lol.
  20. ReconTeemo

Luperza, you should FNO NUC next or ODAM. :D