RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 35

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Frosth

I really enjoyed watching the spotlights. FU and INI are awesome to fight against and it's great to learn more about them and see their side of the action. I feel that when we get wiped, they are always involved :D

I also follow Wrel on youtube and was glad to listen to him i nan unscripted situation. He's a pretty cool guy.

That answer about the lattice/hex issue, however, was not a high point. Maybe even facepalm worthy.
    You should probably not have answered it without researching it more.

You appeared like you didn't understand the issue, and that's okay,I'm sure you can't read all the forums, but you sort of took a public position there which was really awkward to watch.

What you seemed to understand belittled the issue and what the community has been trying to expresses since the lattice was announced or during the play test period.

Sure there is the notion of "zergs" and computer limitations that have been put in the spotlight, but it is not what people really are complaining about. That would happen with any system designed to increase battle consistency, whether it is the lattice, an improved hex system or a third new system, some people will not be able to enjoy it.
    It's a core complaint that will always happen in mmos or games in general, not noteworthy.

But the actual problem with the system is the removal of a layer of depth that was already too thin to start with.
    People have been complaining about a lack of meta game and rather than introducing reasons to fight, you removed what little there was.
    It's also a reduction of the game's potential for evolution and for long term appeal. It casts a shadow of doubt on your "ten year plan".
    What people want is a system that adds depth to the game and through that provide the large fights we see now in the lattice, but with meaning and variety. It doesn't have to be the hex, but it certainly cannot be the lattice.

I personally got interested in the game watching you guys stream and saying "ps2 is a strategy game in the form of an fps".

There is no point in me going more into detail here, the same arguments have been laid out enough on numerous occasions by numerous people. I commend and thank you for at least trying to address the issue the community has, but please, look more into it.
    • Up x 4
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Oh, I am not denying that y'all want more meta-game and strategic gameplay, the development team is working on ways to address that issue.

Glad you enjoyed the show, other than that. :)
  3. Lucidius134

Honestly, agree and disagree with the lattice thing.

Performance is definitely a valid complaint. I do think the spirit of the question was missed with the answer. That being said, the community could also give less vague questions to get less vague answers, or perhaps the way questions are received could be changed so that the question is easy to re-read and check to see if it was all answered. Anywho, it's a learning experience. It's also a complicated show to run even with another partner, let alone by yourself. Without feedback there would be lower improvement.

Perhaps reviewng the questions before the show and coming up with some answers (bullet form) before hand (pushing back the question submission date by a day)? That'd probably require an extension in the Q&A time so maybe only when there is no content preview?
  4. Brusilov

That was a lovely FNO :) I just watched the recap and I enjoyed it.
    • Up x 1
  5. MrEclectic

Just watched the recap. When INI tags show up, we know that we're in for a tough fight. Thanks for the shout out, guys.
    • Up x 1
  6. Doctore

Thank you m8 :)

And thanks to everyone else aswell! Lookin forward to kick your butts! ;D
    • Up x 1
  7. Netsurfer733

Might I ask where the Q&A session is for the game? I couldn't find it after flipping through.
  8. vanu123

About the Lattice system my humble suggestion would be to keep it with the directions and suggestions on what to take, but remove the forced system where you HAVE to connect the lattice to capture a base. Right now it is a battle of the biggest zergs not one of strategy.
  9. bodmans

HEY, thats stealing Vanu tactics... we copyrighted these. see you in court mate

i just saw FNO and its good to finally see some EU outfit action. and ofc Wrel being awesome. but what i didnt like was the stance on for instance Lettuce. you said theres quite some players who dont like it and that theres a lot who do, but you never really took your own opinion flat out. i can understand that as the community relations representative you can lose part of the support youre getting if you do, but YOU are still an individual, with your own thoughts on Lettuce. this annoyed me the most during this great ep. for instance what i like most is the idea of having an improved form of hex with the resources flowing through Lettuce(thread already made by someone).

the outfit im in had some discussion on whether or not to sign up for FNO with the maun negative arguent being the broadcast times, but with that fixed i will start it up again.

one final question, could you give me the exact reason why MAX hotdrops were disabled? and does it have something to do with my outfits vids...?
  10. Lucidius134

That's partly why dev's don't actively post (but do read) on the forums and post elsewhere.
  11. Pella

Footage from the FNO we done.

• Up x 1