RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 28

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Solf

We were frustrated because we weren't aware when the NC/VS truce to push the TR off Esamir ended; no one on VA said it was over. BJTC and a few other outfits spent the whole time pounding our heads against the TR warpgate expecting the NC to take Palos Solar Array, which never happened.

Back on topic, this was a great showcase of TRAF! I always knew they had big numbers, but I never knew how organized they were when they moved out. With the Vanu populations falling so much after that first Magrider nerf, it just felt like we would get zerged because there was always so many of you!
    • Up x 1
  2. Jstenholt

It is so nice to hear somebody retract from calling us a zergfit, from the bottom of my heart, with all the sincerity you can imagine, THANK YOU. =D

As for us having insulted our Vanu foes, I would just like to apologize, I don't believe anybody meant to insult you. He most likely just meant that on Jaeger nobody was large or organized enough to compare with what we had back then.
  3. CptNasty

If TRAF ever needs backup again feel free to call on Legion[XIII].

It looks like recently the Vanu population has grown which is something I'm excited to see. I play mostly late night for my timezone and the Vanu usually hold a great amount of territory for their population.
  4. Jstenholt

We are humbled and excited to work with XIII, may our enemies be dead and our erections firm and spontaneous.
    • Up x 1
  5. MunkyMao

Thank you to all TR outfits that worked together during the FNO.

To the NC and VS outfits I did not mention in FNO, it was not meant to be an insult. Honestly I do not even notice most outfit names. When TRAF moves on a target the only thing that matters to us is total enemies in the area and total friendlies.
    • Up x 1
  6. Skullface360

It was a combination of things, mainly that the event didn't really officially have a start, we agreed to kick the TR but it never happened. BJTC got stuck holding the northeastern warp gate territories while the NC did not do enough to take the south western parts. Before we knew it NC had taken all of the south and were pushing towards our warp gate so no it didn't give me fuzzy happy feelings :-(
  7. MunkyMao

Got to love how this thread has ended up being NC and VS crying about how they could not work together and take Esamir. The really funny part is the thread is about FNO and TRAF was not on Esamir the entire night.
    • Up x 1
  8. Shanther

I'll be honest here...I don't know why you guys didn't try to crash the party. It would have, in my opinion, been extremely interesting.
    • Up x 1
  9. PandemicLegion

TRAF platoon leader from FNO here, we did it simply because we could not have fit 3 platoons+AIRCON on a continent that already had both a NC/VS event AND an alert. The time I did go to see what Esamir looked like, I was locked in a 10+ queue; imagine trying to move ~130 players onto a continent that is already locked - FNO would have consisted of looking at the continent queue for an hour.

As for the Jaeger VS, it is sort of true. Yes, there were smaller, organized outfits on the VS, but none to the size and organization that TRAF (TR), HSTL(TR), PHX(NC), and NCUN(NC) had. For that reason, at least from a platoon commanders standpoint, VS were just a speed bump. You may argue that your outfit was organized, but in the grand scheme of things, 2 platoons can generally deal with one outfit with no sweat broken. The argument that was made that you held the most territory - isn't very valid. It wasn't exactly an accomplishment to hold 2 continents when a squad of TR moving to one can cause the continent population to jump by 40-60% in TRs favor. Jaeger was locked in a savage game of Indarside, which the VS generally failed at. VS were almost always warpgated on Jaeger, so it makes sense that they would leave the continent to ghostcap Esamir and Amerish. Low populations and lack of organized outfits doomed the Vanu on Jaeger, but has obviously changed now that we've merged onto Waterson.
  10. SnuggX

reading this pisses me really off

it´s same if some noblets from other factions come to the leader chat and spam it..

imo

if u logged in on 1 faction at a day, it should be block for 1 hour (maybe) that u can log in to the other factions
    just to prevent such lame tactics
    blocked by HWID not by IP or account !
    • Up x 1
  11. GIJo

All I can say is this... So what about the Alert on Esamer, if you all wanted in on the action you knew the queue was large and had a big timer to get in so you should have came to where the battles where since it was being streamed live. Alerts go up all the time and FNO is once a week. It would have been a blast to have more enemies to fight for sure. To those that were there it was a fun time and cudos to that guy in the Tech lab that ran up to me and 2 buddies and 1 shoted us 3.. That was hilarious. :)
  12. MittRackRObama

Wow this is a big rant. I feel pretty much identical to you about how ignorant some players can be of who they are actually fighting.

VREV is pulling 2 platoons a night. Not prime time on friday. A NIGHT. And at 41:00 Jimmy asks about VREV, and TRAF leader just sweeps us under the bus.

On multiple occasions my outfit has exclusively battled TRAF for hours at a time, holding off their ZERG tactics and on multiple occasions faced them with squads and cleaned up platoons. TRAF has been able to succeed not because it evolves its tactics like VS outfits are forced to do, but because they have the pure numbers. Numbers = results in PS2, however if you combine numbers with actual strategy, you are unstoppable. TRAF has not been able to do this, and they should't be given so much credit just for recruiting players on the highest pop faction in Waterson.

This SNOW crap was a ploy to divert everyone to the wrong continent and make TRAF look good. Most of all though, I'm getting sick of VS accomplishments on Jaeger and Waterson getting swept under the bus over and over. We're constantly outmaned and outgunned and managed to CAP AND HOLD INDAR for almost 1 WEEK. NC couldn't hold it for more than HOURS when they had prime warpgate position on Waterson, and that was when VS pops had dwindled even more due to the Magrider Nerf.

Not to friggin mention RC the epic troll moved on from VREV TKs to BJTC TKs after speaking with GMWATERSON and recieving a 3 day suspension. It was great, he blew up my scythe the other day, I hit record, he looked at me, thought for a second and flew away.

Obviously something was said to him. He's walking a thin line, but he's more than crossed every possible line you can cross without physically trolling VS players in their own houses.
  13. Boomotang

Grow up buddy. I've never heard of VREV, and it has nothing to do with disrespecting you. I could care less if you had never heard of TRAF before this. I shoot all NCs and VSs indiscriminately, and most of the time I have no idea if they're even in an outfit or not. Most of the time I don't even notice what friendly outfits I'm fighting with.

And exactly who made this "ploy"? The NC and VS????? You all had access to the live stream and could have come to Amerish to fight us. But you didn't...
  14. Shanther

Again
    Quoting everything since I'm on my phone.

For the second time the SNOW event was planned over a month ago. There was no "ploy" to make TRAF look good. Or anything of the sort. We were actually expecting them to try and crash the party.
    • Up x 1
  15. Boomotang

I've got a question. Why didn't any of the outfits in this SNOW event come to Amerish? They could've seen before we even started our Op that TRAF was there. Amerish wasn't pop locked, so they wouldn't have faced our problem of moving 130 soldiers through long queues. TRAF has moved our entire force to different continents within 2-5 minutes when ordered to many times.

It seems absurd to me that some people (not you Shanther) are trying to say this SNOW event was a ploy to distract from TRAF, when in fact it was a ploy to coordinate between NC and VS, explicitly communicating between each other to take a continent away from the TR.
  16. Shanther

We didn't come to Amerish for a couple reasons.
    1) The NC and VS were working together at first to kick TR off so we had the entire place to ourselves.
    2) It was called the SNOW event...
    3) This is only an opinion of some. We were expecting the TR to fight back more. We didn't expect you guys to go to Amerish.
    • Up x 1
  17. Solf

Reiterating what Shanther said;
    The Snow event was planned for a month in advance by KiddPark from SENTS and Bulletmit from UN1T and it pitted the Waterson Vanu Alliance against a bunch of NC outfits (do you guys even have an official alliance name?)
    Since it was going to be a VS-NC only event, there were plans to make Esamir an inhospitable place for the TR, hence the temporary alliance to make them leave. It's pure coincidence that the TR held the Esamir bonus at the time of the event.
    Here's the original thread: VA vs SNOW Event
  18. 89xOnoma89

Honestly we hardly fight VS so I think for the most part TRAF hardly knows of any organized VS outfits on Waterson. A simple basic rule of attacking a continent is to neutralize it from whoever holds it and quite honestly as of lately the TR will hold two and the third is almost always controlled by NC around peak time when all of our people are on. The only time I fight VS is usually in the morning and as people start waking up VS ends up losing the continent they capped over night.
  19. 89xOnoma89

We wouldn't have been able to get all of our people on the continent.
  20. 89xOnoma89

Not to mention, as I remember we never really cared about Esamir. Hell we never had an "AIRCONN" till we merged into Waterson. I did take a short break near the end of Jaeger but when I was still active all of our OP's were infantry OP's so clearly Indar was the only real continent bonus that mattered the most to us.

tl;dr tr didn't care about esamir on Jaeger.