RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 19

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Roland0077

Id love to know Jimmy's opinion on the weapon balance on the three factions. Simply his personal one, rather then the companies. More focused on the VS (vs) TR weapons. Dislike people saying the TR weapons have the fastest RoF when truthfully we have only the fastest Assault Rifle, which is laughable considering the Ns-11 superiority.
  2. Gavyne

Really enjoyed this show. I love smaller Outfit combat, it's not just a bunch of bodies where one side gets creamed or you get creamed. With smaller Outfits you can actually use a bit of strategy, like what they did with that rez bomb and then overcame the scary NC MAX's. That was impressive. Can't really do that when you have 200 vs 200.

So good show tonight, the Outfit was impressive, and there were good fights back & forth. That flash race at the beginning was hilarious. The programmer interview was very insightful as well, the guy's very smart and was solid on his answers. Unlike other dev interviews I've seen with other MMO's, he didn't dodge questions which is a refreshing change.

Thumbs up.
  3. IMTasty

Thanks, really fun to watch, well done. :)

Special thanks to Margaret, Jimmy and Tom for a wonderful show, and all the Millerians, Millers, Millerites(last one is now official, rest sounded stupid :p ) who stayed up to play and bring us some action.

Bear hugs to everyone.
  4. Notso

I meant to watch the livestream, unfortunately I fell asleep on my keyboard xD I would have played too, but my PC is downstairs and would've woken people up.. :(
    • Up x 2
  5. }{ellKnight

Wasn't able to be there but it looked like a lot of fun (watching the recording). Kudos to all the outfits that came to fight/support us!
  6. KarMaSk89

KarMaNC here. Great job tonigh SoV we rewlly had fun and you really brought the fight to us. Conz has massive respect for you and hope this brings you many members. Look forward to next week when you get to see us spotlighted.
  7. Furus

And Next week,the CONZ are going on.The 252 is gonna have your back,just like you had ours many times :)
  8. }{ellKnight

Looking forward to it :)
  9. Stellus

Sure, Tom. IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME!

Whenever I see a dev send a broadcast to us players after a patch with updates on hotfixes, I always use /yell chat to exclaim "I KNOW THAT'S YOU CYCLES!"

I'm starting a "birther" movement in Planetside. I won't believe Cycles McHurtz's name isn't actually Cycles McHurtz until I see the birth certificate! Someone get Donald Trump on the phone.
    • Up x 1
  10. Gorebag

Had a ton of fun at FNO. Especially the battle for Vanu Archives, it was epic!
    Very proud that we managed to keep it even though we were getting hammered from all sides.
    Thanks to our enemies, for putting up one hell of a fight, and thanks to our friendlies, for all the support you provided!
  11. Skadi

I think the real question is, where can i get get a copy of your desktop?
    (because theres a fat chance i was one of those vanguards if that was taken during beta)
  12. NotTheMomma

As an East coast American, it's tough for me to step away from the prime-time fracas on Friday nights to watch FNO, but I always learn a thing or two, am entertained and usually get a bit of advance information. Love the occasional peeks behind the curtain, and it's a lot of fun to step back and just watch other people play for a change.

However ... I'm very disappointed in TwitchTV. I often have to give up and watch the recorded broadcast, and I'm glad you're going to be adding that to YouTube. Even on the recorded version on Twitch, usually early in the day Saturday in the US (very non-peak for my cable node), I have to pause the stream and walk away for about an hour to buffer up if I want to watch the 720p version (during the longer episodes, I've had to do that more than once to get all the way through). Last night, I had to watch 360p and that had fairly frequent stutters. And, my connection has rock-solid throughput even during peak periods, but the Ultimate Showdown was completely unwatchable at any resolution.

If SOE's not locked into a long-term contract, I hope you will look into other alternatives. Doesn't YouTube do some kind of live streaming, now? Or maybe some kind of Amazon/Akamai deal. Not my area of expertise, but if I can live stream HD movies on a Friday or Saturday night with little to no interruption, surely we should be able to watch FNO at 720p without massive, almost constant dropouts.

Edit: No, I do not have the game running when I'm trying to watch, and my bandwidth is not being used for anything else, either.
  13. Mendetus

Great job - the Outfit segment was really entertaining and it was definitely good to hear some of the questions I had get answered in the interview with the programmer. I feel like some of the hard questions were put out there and you guys tried to answer them in a way that is fair to both the community and the SOE team. Thanks!
  14. Daimond

Since the question came up in your interview, about Multi-monitors. You had said that its being worked on and that its on the road map. Well it is not on the roadmap, and we who keep asking for info or updates about this never get a responce, about questions we have or what this is looking like on your side. I know many people would love to just even see it on the Roadmap even if it does not have a date to it. I also know alot of people that refuse to play with out multi-monitors or like me dont play as much as they would with this fixed, or lest a 3rd party program fix thats white listed till you do fix it.
    I direct you to this thread thats seems to be over looked mostly by SOE, or just forgoten about, but I suggest looking through it.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...n-multi-monitor-systems-due-to-low-fov.48148/
  15. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

I misspoke - it's on our list to do, and that's been called "road map" internally in the past. Sorry for any confusion.
    • Up x 2
  16. Daimond

NP
    Would be nice to lest know where this is at though, we do not get any info on this ever. Only time was durring the banning of 1 of the 3rd party programs that fixed this. So before and after this insedent there is no info on where this is at being a internal fix, dont realy need a date, but would be nice to know.
    I know theres people out there that think, there is more important things to work on. Most do not understand that there are many people that work on different things of the game, and some people that maybe involved in this part may have nothing todo some times, so they may spend a few hours now and then between major problems. But a little something even as simple as " we have 50% the problems resolved, but still have not worked out a proper fix for cliping, and thats our main goal " would be nice, even if that info comes only 1 time a month or such, but no info what so ever other then " its being worked on " 100x is getting vary old, other wise people start to think like " well they must not be bothering with it at all " cuase no comment on things, is alot worse then some kinda update.
    Best current example of what I mean is the Infil delema, I will not get into detal as there is so many ideas of what/what not should do with them. But it did get alot of peoples goats to see the LA revam on the roadmap and nothing with infil, and nothing but the same old 100x reply about them of " we are discusing things, and yes there are other cloaks in the works" but been hearing that since early beta.

Ok said enough as could go on and on, but also some of this probly has nothing todo with your end of things. But you will know the people that it is there end and point them to it, maybe :)
  17. the pestimist

i think you should get a third dev on fno someone who likes nc and is friendly this would make me like it more.
  18. Cowabunga

Great episode guys. Keep it up - Hadouken. :)
  19. sosolidshoe

You guys get the Lead Designer and the CEO of the company, quit yer gripin' :p
  20. DeusExMachina

Bullet physics... you mean that broken equation SRs have trying to simulate variable bullet drop dependant on vertical shooting angle that people still believe to be scope zeroing?