[Suggestion] Rebind Yaw to mouse_X

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by warmachine1, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Ronin Oni

Whatever, you aren't getting it, and I don't care. I'll keep laughing every time this gets bumped though.

EDIT: Forgot the obligatory "GIT GUD"

Double Edit: I ACTIVELY do NOT want people using mouse yaw. I can't stand War Thunder and World of Planes for that same reason.

Want mouse yaw? Play a different damn game, THANK FAK at least this one doesn't cater to you
  2. tijolo

I'm sorry if my simple mind doesn't even compare to yours truly superior one Sensei :eek:
    • Up x 2
  3. Ronin Oni

apology accepted ;)

Seriously though, I don't like mouse yaw. I like aircraft handling the way it is. Mouse yaw confers advantages I don't agree with
  4. taod3mon

Mouse Yaw wouldn't make it war thunder as mechanics and yaw/roll rates would remain unchanged regardless of the keys you use...
  5. tijolo

Oh no! some addition/improvement to the game is being discussed but it might, in ~7% of all the scenarios possible make it, besides more confortable for who's using, 5% easier to die if I stand still AND I DON'T LIKE IT. Only buff/change/add to what I use. I don't even fly and have no idea what I'm talking about but don't change that, I might die 2% more to it! I play heavy a lot so BUFF OVERSHIELD PLS SO NERFED OMG HOW COULD YOU DBG.
    • Up x 1
  6. CorporationUSA

Maybe someone here can answer this question. Is there a program that can be used to swap mouse inputs and keyboard inputs? It would be interesting to try this mouselook control scheme people want and see how it works. It seems unlikely that they are going to add the option in the game at this point, so that might be the only way.
  7. Ronin Oni

I do fly, and the thought of people using mouse yaw sickens me

I doubt it would be to the absurd levels that WoWP or WarThunder does it, but I wouldn't want to even risk it.

You're FLYING. Your right hand controls roll and pitch. Learn to fly right or ****.
  8. Ronin Oni

Still waiting for a game to force joystick inputs for flying actually... but if you're going to allow mouse input, it should be goddamn roll and pitch.
  9. CorporationUSA

According to the proponents of mouse yaw, it couldn't possibly have been left out of the game for any other reason than the devs are lazy. Nevermind the fact that the airgame would become more aim heavy, and the current airgame has a pretty amazing balance between aim and movement.
    • Up x 1
  10. tijolo

Ronin Oni, you seem to be forgetting the fact that if now takes X seconds to do a yaw 360, after the implementation of this it would, guess what? still take X seconds to perform the same yaw 360.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ronin Oni

It has to do with ease of use and how the hell FLIGHT GAMES should handle.

I don't like mouse yaw BECAUSE it's easier.
  12. tijolo

Well then, rebind your pitch up to Q, your pitch down to Num Pad 5 and play with your feet but let the rest of us be happy.
  13. Ronin Oni

I think you fail to understand the concept of fair competition.

pitch and roll aircraft controls is a 100% reasonable requirement.

Hell, if they REQUIRED joystick/gamepad stick control for aircraft, I'd be even happier.
  14. taod3mon

For anyone curious about mouse yaw feel free to try any of the battlefield games (including BF1942 which should be free at this point) and see if it makes you suddenly wtfpwn your opponents or makes it any easier. You will have to go into your key bindings to change your mouse bindings from default but the option is there. Then come back here and try to say it is anything like war thunder or easier so you can look even more ignorant.
    • Up x 1
  15. tijolo

Yeah download origin and play Battlefield 3, it has been free for a long while now and there are always servers with people playing. Mostly on small deathmatch maps though.

By the way, is it not fair to everyone to have access to mouse yaw? If you'd be at a disadvantage by yawing with A and D wouldn't you rebind? If it was equivalent you'd just ignore it. I for one don't like the fact that you can look in third person and would love planetside to not have that option because it is unrealistic and it's advantageous over playing in first person. But I don't ***** around asking for it and instead, just use the damn thing because it's better most of the time. And we're talking about looking over mountains without beeing seen and whatnot. Think if infantry had this. This would be classified as a third person shooter because everyone would use it. Which is not the case with mouse yaw. It is a preference.
    • Up x 1
  16. KaedE

Its obvious you dont understand what we want, its nothing like in war thunder free mouse control arcade style ********.You are that kind of people who play fps whit mouse acceleration or clicking spells in world of warcraft and call others a noob, you get the idea.So what we want is the perfect control, if cant bind jaw to the mouse horisontal axis (first person) is just ********.Thats your problem if you use to the wrong binds, but its pathetic if the majority of the people who know ho to play games whit aricrafts in it cant play the game in the right way.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ronin Oni

Uhm no to both. I actually had keybind shortcuts to cast 40 different spells (via different modifier keys) in WoW.

I use direct 1 to 1 movement for mouse aim. I can't stand acceleration or anything else. ( I do use high DPI on my mouse, but it's still always a direct and constant movement)
    ANd there's your problem. Flying aircraft is not a ******* floating camera FPS game. It's a FLIGHT game.

Aircraft PITCH AND ROLL.

L2Fly or GT-FO
  18. tijolo

Right. That is why they have movement acceleration/lag/after-movement/inertia which would still be there. It wouldn't turn it into an infantry play point 'n click easy mode cheeser flight mode. Or can you do 360's no scopes with mouse pitch? Also, we know how to fly. We're just humbly asking for an addition to the game that we feel will be beneficial not only for us that preffer it but also for newer players that might like the option. But what would you know about humility.

19. DevsAnswerMe

U stupid ******* haven't got the slightest idea how mouse aim on ESFs would work! It wouldn't make it FASTER, it would only allow for more accurate AIMING! It would even allow the noobs to finally learn to dogfight without getting ganked by skygods all the ******' time!

NONE of us wants mouse yaw to be like move the mouse over a bit and u've turned 2 times! We want it to be like on the Magrider, just with the yaw speed of ESFs, nothing more! If u can aim precisely with A&D, just keep ******' doing so if u like it so much, but the truth is that it SUCKS and doesn't allow the new players to get some proper airgame! Even I can fly with the current control scheme and I can be pretty effective as A2G support but in dogfights I always lose coz this bullsh!t doesn't allow me to aim properly and land some ******' hits!

And just to make u feel bad I'm gonna try to create a script for my programmable mouse that allows me to use the mouse to yaw! If that works out I'll let u know how it feels!
    • Up x 1
  20. CorporationUSA

You might not be aware of this, but presently ESFs have massive mouse acceleration that cannot be turned off.